Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2021, 04:00 PM

2 posts, read 1,193 times

Advertisements

Going to be moving to Raleigh in a few months and am now starting the apartment hunt. Looking to live in downtown Raleigh. Is there a consensus "best" apartment complex in the area?

So far I've looked into Peace Apartments, 511 Faye, The Line, and The Dillon. Is there anything else out there that I'm missing or is this pretty much the top end of the rental market?

Thanks in advance for any insight!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2021, 07:46 PM

1,459 posts, read 1,164,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by b33pb00p View Post
Going to be moving to Raleigh in a few months and am now starting the apartment hunt. Looking to live in downtown Raleigh. Is there a consensus "best" apartment complex in the area?

So far I've looked into Peace Apartments, 511 Faye, The Line, and The Dillon. Is there anything else out there that I'm missing or is this pretty much the top end of the rental market?

Thanks in advance for any insight!
That's only a few of the nice apartments in or around downtown. Here are some others:

SkyHouse (highrise)
Edison Lofts
Metropolitan
Gramercy
Hue
Elan
Link
712 Tucker
Devon
Trilogy
401 Oberlin
Berkshire
Oberlin Court
The Lincoln

There are many more that I haven't listed.

I would encourage you to look for apartments in the Warehouse District, Glenwood South, Moore Square, or Cameron Village. These areas have some of the newer, nicer apartments in and around downtown.

Old 02-24-2021, 09:14 PM

6,654 posts, read 5,590,752 times
I would recommend The Grammercy, SkyHouse, The Lincoln, Link Apartments, St. Mary's Square, The Dillon, Elan City Center

Avoid: Hue, the Cameron Village apartments (401 Oberlin, Berkshire), 927 West Morgan

Old 02-25-2021, 09:16 AM

2,218 posts, read 2,940,029 times
My daughter lived at The Link when they were brand new. She loved the location and her apartment. She had a unit that had a balcony that faced the internal courtyard so it was very quiet (no street noise from the Glenwood South crowd) and I never heard the train. They had lots of activities and the common areas were always spotless and well maintained. The management was also very nice.

I'm sure there are newer and more luxurious places now but just wanted to let you know that it was a great place for her to live. I really enjoyed visiting her as well.

Old 02-25-2021, 06:56 PM

70 posts, read 68,811 times
there's a new one now in Cameron Village (by Bank of America)

Also there's a new one on St Mary's off of peace, looks nice

Old 02-26-2021, 01:01 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times
if you want the very "best" then I'd suggest renting a condo at the PNC Plaza. It'll set you back $2K/mo+ though.

It depends on what you're looking for. In your 20's, want to be in the middle of the action? 30's and looking for commute/shopping convenience? Older and hoping for quiet?

Old 02-26-2021, 04:27 PM

2 posts, read 1,193 times
Thanks everyone for the suggestions so far! Really appreciate it

Ideally we'd like to be in a taller, modern building with good light/views, so the new Peace Apartments and 511 Faye seem to be the frontrunners so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
if you want the very "best" then I'd suggest renting a condo at the PNC Plaza. It'll set you back $2K/mo+ though.

It depends on what you're looking for. In your 20's, want to be in the middle of the action? 30's and looking for commute/shopping convenience? Older and hoping for quiet?
We're moving from NYC and want to transition by moving downtown in the middle of everything. The PNC condos available for rent have awesome windows/views, but the finishes feel a bit dated (I know we're picky). Some of the new condos being built (The Fairweather, The Lynde, The Stephenson) check every single box for us, but unfortunately are not available to rent.

Old 02-26-2021, 04:41 PM

6,654 posts, read 5,590,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by b33pb00p View Post
Thanks everyone for the suggestions so far! Really appreciate it

Ideally we'd like to be in a taller, modern building with good light/views, so the new Peace Apartments and 511 Faye seem to be the frontrunners so far.

We're moving from NYC and want to transition by moving downtown in the middle of everything. The PNC condos available for rent have awesome windows/views, but the finishes feel a bit dated (I know we're picky). Some of the new condos being built (The Fairweather, The Lynde, The Stephenson) check every single box for us, but unfortunately are not available to rent.
Personally if I could live anywhere right now downtown, The Dillon/Warehouse District or Glenwood South would be where I was looking right now on the west side of downtown. The Fayetteville Street area is more dependent on downtown events and has been dead for the last year due to protests and lack of people coming downtown to work - who knows when that will return back to normal. The Warehouse District has been pretty hot as of late and Glenwood South is one of the major nightlife areas around downtown so there's more activity happening over on that side of downtown (that's less dependent on downtown offices/businesses)

(In summary, I'd go with The Dillon or Peace Street Apartments over 511 Faye)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary