Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2021, 02:52 PM

715 posts, read 1,038,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
Last time I drove passed there I noticed the construction, and maybe one garage closed? Hard to tell. My husband is going over there for his Covid vaccine this weekend. Going south from 540, is it easier to find parking using the Wake Forest Road entrance or better to go around the back on Executive Drive?

Hi zitsky. Vaccinations as you know are indeed being administered on the Duke Raleigh Hospital campus, but not in the main hospital building. They're being administered a few buildings south of the hospital, in this building... https://goo.gl/maps/b4Mby3XYq7vRLUZf9 this address is the exact same as the one you mentioned in reply to another poster.

If your husband knows anything about DRaH, this building is known as MOB(medical office building)9 in Duke circles.

Heading southbound from 540, he may indeed want to take a left on St Albans and then a right on Executive Drive and head south to the above building. I heard parking in front of that building during the week is less than stellar, due to the continuous vaccination schedule, but who knows if it's better on the weekends, or not.

If parking is no go in front of MOB9 for him, he could head back north on Executive Dr., make a left on Burningtree Place, then a right where Burningtree terminates in front of the Duke Raleigh Hospital E.R. (the parking deck will be on his right) and then a right into the main parking deck. He could park in there and walk over to Executive, then south to MOB9. Hope this helps.

Last edited by gball721; 03-05-2021 at 03:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2021, 03:20 PM

3,444 posts, read 2,815,699 times
My dad got both his Covid vaccines there. We came in from St Albans and went behind the hospital almost to Navaho drive, the last entrance into the clinic on the left. There is plenty of signage to help direct you. You turn left up there and there are people outside who will direct you on what to do. If you are more than 5 minutes early, they ask you to park in the lot down below and then drive back around when it's time for your appointment. They are super efficient there, no more than 30 minutes in and out.

Old 03-05-2021, 03:27 PM

6,819 posts, read 9,053,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlove View Post
My dad got both his Covid vaccines there. We came in from St Albans and went behind the hospital almost to Navaho drive, the last entrance into the clinic on the left. There is plenty of signage to help direct you. You turn left up there and there are people outside who will direct you on what to do. If you are more than 5 minutes early, they ask you to park in the lot down below and then drive back around when it's time for your appointment. They are super efficient there, no more than 30 minutes in and out.
Ok should be easy. What is the lot down below? Do you mean the parking garage?

He goes on Sunday.

Old 03-05-2021, 04:00 PM

3,444 posts, read 2,815,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
Ok should be easy. What is the lot down below? Do you mean the parking garage?

He goes on Sunday.
No, there's a parking lot that's below. It's on a big hill, who knew Raleigh would be so hilly? LOL. But if you go in the entrance to the parking area and he's early, they'll send him down there. As long as he's healthy, he can walk back up to the building when it's time for his vaccine. If not, one of the folks there will help out with a wheelchair. I drove my dad, so I could drop him and my husband off out front and then go park to wait for them. If he's by himself, he'll likely have to park down below unless he's got a handicapped placard, then that parking is right in front. It sounds way more complicated than it really is, I promise!

Old 03-07-2021, 04:56 PM

My husband said his iPhone navigation wanted to send him to a parking garage, but there were people directing traffic to the parking lot. He said it was easy. He scheduled his second dose. Now I wait.

Old 03-08-2021, 02:09 PM

6,653 posts, read 5,585,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlove View Post
It's on a big hill, who knew Raleigh would be so hilly? LOL.
As a cyclist, there are a ton of sneaky hills around Raleigh especially around the creeks (getting to/from every greenway haha)

Old 03-09-2021, 11:02 AM

119 posts, read 81,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
As a cyclist, there are a ton of sneaky hills around Raleigh especially around the creeks (getting to/from every greenway haha)
Agree. Lake Drive, Lassiter Mill rd, White Oak Rd, all over Country Club Hills, North Hills, Ridge Rd road area have some nice hills. I walk up Lake drive daily and it is always pretty tough, especially after 5 miles.

Old 03-09-2021, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Are you SURE that's where he's getting his shot? We've had at least a dozen of our neighbors and my DH get them through Duke. AFAIK, they ALL went to the Duke Alumni Center.
The jokes on me. My partner went to Duke Hospital, Raleigh. I just received an invite to schedule at Duke Alumni Center, Durham. I haven't checked but I think it's about the same distance. And it does seem easy to get to the Alumni Center. Too bad the Nasher Museum is closed. I could make a few stops.

Old 03-10-2021, 07:17 AM

Edit: I checked again today and there were appointments for Duke Hospital - Raleigh only. So it seems to depend on when you schedule. I can't figure out the pattern yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary