Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 06:28 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,249,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbanawan View Post
Going without your buyer's agent could forfeit his commission? Anyone know if Shea does this? I went today, filled out a card, but didn't sign anything. If they do, they'll have lost a potential sale because I'm not screwing the guy I've been working with just because I had time to pop in their model after work...
With loans getting harder to come by and buyers just being nervous about buying, the market has slowed down. Any onsite agent that would turn away a buyer just because the buyer came back with his own buyer's agent has to be crazy!!!

Like Mike said...they'll see the light after YOU open their eyes for them!

Vicki
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2008, 06:45 PM

217 posts, read 554,203 times
Can you just go in and look at the models for reference without the intention of buying? I plan on moving down to NC next March after I get married. I am coming to NC next week so I can get a feel for each builders home plans.

Old 05-08-2008, 07:38 PM

1,364 posts, read 6,023,401 times
Don't sweat it Sammy - I didn't even have an agent when I first visited

Old 05-08-2008, 07:40 PM

1,364 posts, read 6,023,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gez137 View Post
Can you just go in and look at the models for reference without the intention of buying? I plan on moving down to NC next March after I get married. I am coming to NC next week so I can get a feel for each builders home plans.
Absolutely - go wherever you want!

Typically if they ask you to fill out a card you can politely decline and its not usually a problem - just tell them that you're moving to the area and getting a feel for the different builders and go on your merry way.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:33 PM

261 posts, read 1,217,100 times
Thumbs up Speaking as Onsite Agent....

Since 2000, I have worked onsite for three different local builders. If you come in to visit without your agent, don't hesitate to go ahead and register. These days, my builder is periodically sending out special offers via email and snail mail to folks who have registered. No need to miss out on something potentially of interest and value to you. Go ahead, get that New Home Guide, and cruise some new home communities. This will help you get a feel for which part of this big county you might be interested in. Your agent can then help you fill in the blanks with important information and help you narrow down to area, then neighborhood, then house.

Many folks do come in on their first visit sans their agent. With all the internet advertising builders do, this is to be expected. Most often than not, all you have to do is put down your agents name on the registration form, and they are covered.

An unbelievably often occurance is out of town buyers coming in to visit the area, who don't yet have an agent. If they are unsure who or if they will work with a Realtor, I will simply make a note on their card that they will have an agent. No problem, no worries for the prospective purchaser. And this protects the agent should the one accompany the person on the next visit.

I was a general brokerage agent for 10 years prior to working exclusively onsite. The last thing I want to have happen is for a hardworking agent to be excluded from a transaction because their client didn't bother to even mention the agent until after the contract paperwork was completed. Once the paperwork is done, its too late. Yes this happens. Usually this happens because the buyer believes they can get a better deal if there is no agent. Or, the agent and the client aren't working well together. Having a Realtor call and tell me that they have been working for months with someone, only to find out that person bought without even calling them first......just breaks my heart.

Old 05-08-2008, 09:52 PM

217 posts, read 554,203 times
Thank you everyone. I can't wait to visit.

Old 05-08-2008, 09:57 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,249,243 times
Hey Gez137...when you are visiting new home communities and its hot and you are thirsty...they usually have drinks in the fridge!!!

Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary