Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2021, 06:49 AM

428 posts, read 226,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler_Jolie-Pitt View Post
An embarrassment. It's so demoralizing to think that neanderthals like this still exist.
Indeed. It is also embarrassing that our education system is letting folks like this slip through the cracks. They use terms such as ‘simpleton’ without understanding the irony, and then proceed to self-own them via their attempts at discourse
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2021, 07:01 AM

16,439 posts, read 12,601,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVoR View Post
Sounds like Burr's advice to Hamilton.

Talk less.....Smile moooooooore
I was today years old when I learned that you can click on the scales of your own message to see a summary of reps and comments. Thanks!

Old 04-19-2021, 07:08 AM

3,732 posts, read 2,069,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I was today years old when I learned that you can click on the scales of your own message to see a summary of reps and comments. Thanks!

Happy to share what little knowledge of CD I have

Old 04-19-2021, 10:11 AM

1,462 posts, read 667,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
there probably was never a more popular TV show among those who are media-obsessed on the left than The West Wing. Filmed and shown during a time when the "smart people" who disliked George Bush 2 got to wink and nod at each other for their superiority. Possibly a seminal moment/turning point in our discourse.
Whoa there. I find this post from someone who gets the vapors from partisan posts kinda well........odd. But unsurprisingly partisan on your part.

Give the liberal media some credit. At least they don't actively discourage people from getting the vaccine. You know, like the commentator on Fox news.To his credit, Trump called in to Carlson's show to stress that the vaccines were perfectly safe and that people should be getting them.

Colin Joust once said that Carlson has the expression "of a baby seeing balloons for the first time." Oh come on, that's funny no matter what side of the aisle you're on. Let's lighten up folks.

Last edited by Shallow Hal; 04-19-2021 at 10:23 AM..

Old 04-20-2021, 08:31 AM

3,673 posts, read 3,961,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubleshooter View Post
Your simpleton belief IS the problem.

Loving your neighbor has nothing to do with it.

Look at I Timothy 5:22b - Do not share in the sins of others.

In other words, you must not be an accomplice to the wrongdoing of others.

God has defined all of GLBT as wrongdoing and you will never be able to change that.

Religions cannot be changed. Only simpleton liberals believe that they can be changed. But any attempt to change a religion does not really change the religion. It creates a new religion with the changes.

The problem is not who the customers are, but what they order. If they order something such that doing it is a violation of the religion of the owner of the business or the worker, then it will not be done.

That person has the First Amendment Constitutional right to not do anything that is prohibited by his religion.

NOBODY has the civil right to command someone to disobey his own religion.

And according to all of the religions that prohibit GLBT, it is not congenital. Most of these religions believe that a person acquires GLBT when that person disobeys the religion in some way.
OK. dimwit....

What kind of God would sentence a small percentage of human beings to a long life of 80+ years without love or intimacy which is as crucial as food, water, and air to breathe?

You can walk around any town or city this afternoon and be among plenty who were born not sexually attached to the opposite gender. What are they supposed to do for their entire lives if being gay is a sin?

No compassionate of loving God would ever subjugate kind, gentle souls to a long life of lonely-ness and unhappiness. Especially while surrounded by so many others, good and bad, enjoying life to its fullest.

So go back to whatever fringe church that is selling the notion that all you have to do to be accepted or saved or be a good person is denounce anyone doing something on an arbitrary list of rules of which mostly pertain to other groups of God's children, and tell them they are full of it. Most of the protesters at LGBT events are gay themselves and are trying to convert to be straight.

Your post and the sentiment behind it is responsible for thousands of suicides of young people. You cannot refute this sad statistic either. So I'd hate to live with that weight on my shoulders.

Old 04-20-2021, 08:47 AM

2,844 posts, read 2,989,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by architect77 View Post
OK. dimwit....

What kind of God would sentence a small percentage of human beings to a long life of 80+ years without love or intimacy which is as crucial as food, water, and air to breathe?

You can walk around any town or city this afternoon and be among plenty who were born not sexually attached to the opposite gender. What are they supposed to do for their entire lives if being gay is a sin?

No compassionate of loving God would ever subjugate kind, gentle souls to a long life of lonely-ness and unhappiness. Especially while surrounded by so many others, good and bad, enjoying life to its fullest.

So go back to whatever fringe church that is selling the notion that all you have to do to be accepted or saved or be a good person is denounce anyone doing something on an arbitrary list of rules of which mostly pertain to other groups of God's children, and tell them they are full of it. Most of the protesters at LGBT events are gay themselves and are trying to convert to be straight.

Your post and the sentiment behind it is responsible for thousands of suicides of young people. You cannot refute this sad statistic either. So I'd hate to live with that weight on my shoulders.
Respectfully, the same God that brings kids cancer and purveys war and famine. I like you and don't want you to feel like i'm personally attacking you but it's mis-aligned to think the purpose of God vis a vis the bible is to ensure our material prosperity and comfort.

Old 04-20-2021, 10:18 AM

13,811 posts, read 27,520,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallow Hal View Post
Whoa there. I find this post from someone who gets the vapors from partisan posts kinda well........odd. But unsurprisingly partisan on your part.

Give the liberal media some credit. At least they don't actively discourage people from getting the vaccine. You know, like the commentator on Fox news.To his credit, Trump called in to Carlson's show to stress that the vaccines were perfectly safe and that people should be getting them.

Colin Joust once said that Carlson has the expression "of a baby seeing balloons for the first time." Oh come on, that's funny no matter what side of the aisle you're on. Let's lighten up folks.
CNN's self awarded hero of the Coronavirus, less than two months before it became available, on our vaccines:

Quote:
"I'm not that confident, but my opinion doesn't matter. I don't believe the American people are that confident," Cuomo said Monday on ABC’s “Good Morning America.” You're going to say to the American people now, here's a vaccine, it was new, it was done quickly, but trust this federal administration, the health administration, that it's safe? And we're not 100% sure of the consequences? I think it's going to be a very skeptical American public about taking the vaccine, and they should be.

- Gov Cuomo
The messaging from the "liberal media" was just as bad, if not worse, as well.

For fun take a gander at this page as it compares the similarities between the 1918 pandemic and covid 100 years later. What jumped out at me:

Quote:
The Anti-Mask League, formed in San Francisco in January 1919, protested the wearing of masks, viewing it as an unconstitutional limit of individual liberty.
Same crap, different day...

Old 04-20-2021, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect77 View Post
OK. dimwit....

It's impossible to debate someone who is religious because all logical reasoning goes out the window when they talk about their "beliefs". That is all they are - beliefs - without being anchored in science or the real world.

Old 04-20-2021, 10:26 AM

3,732 posts, read 2,069,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
CNN's self awarded hero of the Coronavirus, less than two months before it became available, on our vaccines:

The messaging from the "liberal media" was just as bad, if not worse, as well.

For fun take a gander at this page as it compares the similarities between the 1918 pandemic and covid 100 years later. What jumped out at me:

Same crap, different day...

OT: Does Cuomo understand (rhetorical question I realize) that these vaccines (specifically the mRNA "technology") have been in R&D for over a decade? HIV research and SARS (2002-03?) were already sending researchers down this path long before the 'Rona showed up.

The idea that a COVID-SARS2 broke out and that started the R&D clock and humans did all that work and testing in ~17 months is to steal a line from the "Geico Facebook Wall" commercial....Not how any of this worked.

We live in the dumbest of times.

Old 04-20-2021, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVoR View Post
OT: Does Cuomo understand (rhetorical question I realize) that these vaccines (specifically the mRNA "technology") have been in R&D for over a decade? HIV research and SARS (2002-03?) were already sending researchers down this path long before the 'Rona showed up.

The idea that a COVID-SARS2 broke out and that started the R&D clock and humans did all that work and testing in ~17 months is to steal a line from the "Geico Facebook Wall" commercial....Not how any of this worked.

We live in the dumbest of times.
Remember it's not about facts, it's about discrediting "the other guy". Cuomo was supremely confident going into this - before the nursing home scandal stuff broke - and wanted to supplant himself as staying relevant.

Despite his misgivings, Trump and his UK counterpart mini-me, BJ, nailed the vaccine funding and rollout. Europe was constantly put on a pedestal as being the folks to follow but they bungled the entire thing - from not ordering vaccines early on to lockdowns in general which don't work when borders remain open - and yet no one wants to admit they were wrong.

One thing I find really humorous is this constant scare over the "UK" variant - did CNN actually look at the UK numbers? They have fallen off a cliff. We would be so lucky to have the "UK" variant spreading here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary