Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2021, 11:09 AM

3,731 posts, read 2,059,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
Remember it's not about facts, it's about discrediting "the other guy". Cuomo was supremely confident going into this - before the nursing home scandal stuff broke - and wanted to supplant himself as staying relevant.

Despite his misgivings, Trump and his UK counterpart mini-me, BJ, nailed the vaccine funding and rollout. Europe was constantly put on a pedestal as being the folks to follow but they bungled the entire thing - from not ordering vaccines early on to lockdowns in general which don't work when borders remain open - and yet no one wants to admit they were wrong.

One thing I find really humorous is this constant scare over the "UK" variant - did CNN actually look at the UK numbers? They have fallen off a cliff. We would be so lucky to have the "UK" variant spreading here.

As the "IKEA seasonal worker" video on TikTok which went viral yesterday laid out....Looking Inward is not something we collectively do well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2021, 05:36 PM

1,462 posts, read 660,563 times
Quote:
CNN's self awarded hero of the Coronavirus, less than two months before it became available, on our vaccines:

The messaging from the "liberal media" was just as bad, if not worse, as well.

For fun take a gander at this page as it compares the similarities between the 1918 pandemic and covid 100 years later. What jumped out at me:

Same crap, different day...
Gov. Cuomo does not represent the liberal media. Check the timing of when he said that. If you look back on many posts right here there were many people stating that they would not get the vaccines for either themselves or their families (really, really smart people) as they had never been tested long term on humans. But most of us evolved in our attitude toward vaccines as we learned more.

Tucker Carlson and Fox are full on CURRENT anti vaxers and devote ENTIRE programs bashing the vaccines and making sure that people remain very skeptical about their safety. Check the stats for white Republican men and their vaccine compliance record.

The liberal media's messaging IS not as bad or even worse regarding the vaccines as you state above. That's just the very definition of false equivalency. There has NOT been one commentator in the liberal media who has devoted ENTIRE programs to denouncing the efficacy of the vaccines. Not one. Never has been.

Old 04-20-2021, 07:16 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,457,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallow Hal View Post
Gov. Cuomo does not represent the liberal media. Check the timing of when he said that. If you look back on many posts right here there were many people stating that they would not get the vaccines for either themselves or their families (really, really smart people) as they had never been tested long term on humans. But most of us evolved in our attitude toward vaccines as we learned more.

Tucker Carlson and Fox are full on CURRENT anti vaxers and devote ENTIRE programs bashing the vaccines and making sure that people remain very skeptical about their safety. Check the stats for white Republican men and their vaccine compliance record.

The liberal media's messaging IS not as bad or even worse regarding the vaccines as you state above. That's just the very definition of false equivalency. There has NOT been one commentator in the liberal media who has devoted ENTIRE programs to denouncing the efficacy of the vaccines. Not one. Never has been.
I do check foxnews.com and scan the headlines on it, but have never seen an antivax headline, although to be fair I don't look that closely.

It doesn't surprise me that R men have the least take on vaccines. Right or wrong, they tend to be more independent especially those in the Midwest and dislike being told what to do. It shouldn't bother anyone, it doesn't hurt you if people decide to not get vaccinated, in fact it makes it easier for yourself and loved ones to do so.

I'm curious what long term research you've seen now just a few months after Cuomo said Americans should not trust it? After all it's only been distributed for what, five months?

I don't know what Tucker talks about these days, but really enjoyed this segment on CNN where he used to work, probably the best interview I've ever seen:

https://youtu.be/aFQFB5YpDZE

Old 04-21-2021, 11:59 AM

1,370 posts, read 1,070,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallow Hal View Post
Whoa there. I find this post from someone who gets the vapors from partisan posts kinda well........odd. But unsurprisingly partisan on your part.

Give the liberal media some credit. At least they don't actively discourage people from getting the vaccine. You know, like the commentator on Fox news.To his credit, Trump called in to Carlson's show to stress that the vaccines were perfectly safe and that people should be getting them.

Colin Joust once said that Carlson has the expression "of a baby seeing balloons for the first time." Oh come on, that's funny no matter what side of the aisle you're on. Let's lighten up folks.
I got my first vaccine shot yesterday, mainly because I just think it’s the right thing to do. I don’t vilify anyone who doesn’t for various reasons. That’s being said, let’s not act like everyone was great with the idea of the vaccine in the liberal media when Trump was still President. They think it’s great now because Biden is President. It’s really easy to see that the media changes their view based on which way the political wind blows.

Old 04-21-2021, 12:12 PM

3,731 posts, read 2,059,578 times
Quote:
I do check foxnews.com and scan the headlines on it, but have never seen an antivax headline, although to be fair I don't look that closely.

It doesn't surprise me that R men have the least take on vaccines. Right or wrong, they tend to be more independent especially those in the Midwest and dislike being told what to do. It shouldn't bother anyone, it doesn't hurt you if people decide to not get vaccinated, in fact it makes it easier for yourself and loved ones to do so.

I'm curious what long term research you've seen now just a few months after Cuomo said Americans should not trust it? After all it's only been distributed for what, five months?

I don't know what Tucker talks about these days, but really enjoyed this segment on CNN where he used to work, probably the best interview I've ever seen:

https://youtu.be/aFQFB5YpDZE

An all timer right there. Swanson Frozen Fish Heir got exposed (as did Paulie Bag of Donuts). I believe this is the very interview that CNN execs pulled Tuck Everlasting aside and told him him he needs a new, edgier shtick.

Old 04-21-2021, 07:15 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,457,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVoR View Post
An all timer right there. Swanson Frozen Fish Heir got exposed (as did Paulie Bag of Donuts). I believe this is the very interview that CNN execs pulled Tuck Everlasting aside and told him him he needs a new, edgier shtick.

I liked watching the heads explode when I tell people I got my news from the Daily Show (JS all the way, it went downhill hard after he left)

Old 04-22-2021, 01:31 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,174,498 times
What is this thread supposed to be about again?

Old 04-22-2021, 08:03 AM

5,153 posts, read 3,763,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post

This is C/D after all.

Old 04-22-2021, 08:23 AM

43,301 posts, read 77,142,685 times
Default Pizza!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancers View Post
This is C/D after all.

Pizza. Clearly this is a Pizza thread. I thought that was quite evident.

Old 04-22-2021, 08:27 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,605,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post

Pizza. Clearly this is a Pizza thread. I thought that was quite evident.

How is Di Fara these days?

Anyone like Wegman's spicy cup ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary