Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2021, 04:09 PM

3 posts, read 1,977 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I track condo unit sales in my condo community on the Wake County Registrar of Deeds website.

Nearly all our deed records show a Deed Date and Pkg Sale Date that are the same.

Now and then there is a deed record where these dates differ and can be years apart. I’m just curious and would like to know what’s going on with these?

I will appreciate it if someone tells me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2021, 06:23 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,248,906 times
1. if you'll DM me, then I'll gladly give you a free but professional answer.

2. Otherwise, the answer is - there are a variety of reasons for Deed changes that don't involve a sale - marriage, divorce, death, put into a Trust are all "common" examples.

Old 04-18-2021, 07:59 PM

781 posts, read 745,441 times
I own two properties in Wake and I just looked on the county site. Something was messed up at closing on our second property title, it took a few weeks to straighten out with the attorney. Hence, the Deed/Pkg Sale dates you mentioned are weeks apart. On my first property, the dates match.

Old 04-19-2021, 08:55 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,309,287 times
I don't have a lot of faith in the Wake County Real Estate Data website being up to date. The house across the street from me sold and closed back in March 2021. The Wake County Website shows the Deed Date of March 31 2021 which appears accurate, but still shows the 2016 Package Sale Date and 2016 Package Sale Price (2016 previous date it was sold).

Old 04-21-2021, 08:27 AM

3 posts, read 1,977 times
Bo Bromhal, thanks very much for your posted answer. It gives me enough information for now. Your offer to provide a more extensive free explanation is greatly appreciated.

Fiona, I appreciate your response. I see cases where the Deed/Pkg Sale dates are a few weeks apart so your explanation helps. I also see cases where these dates are, for example, 20 years apart. Bo Bromhal’s answer helps me with those.

North_Raleigh_Guy, your example is the kind of thing I’m seeing now and then that led to my question. Thanks for posting it. Bo Bromhal’s answer indicates there may be an acceptable legal explanation.

Old 04-26-2021, 07:55 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,272,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
I don't have a lot of faith in the Wake County Real Estate Data website being up to date. The house across the street from me sold and closed back in March 2021. The Wake County Website shows the Deed Date of March 31 2021 which appears accurate, but still shows the 2016 Package Sale Date and 2016 Package Sale Price (2016 previous date it was sold).
I think its accurate now. I always thought it just took them time to "key it in"! Never knew there was a real explanation for it!

As for the square footage inaccuracy, that is simply because in most cases, people measure somewhat differently and even the difference between appraisers "can be" 5%.

Another reason is when builders submit a floor plan for a permit and then something changes, the square footage is off. For example...

When we were building our home, the blue prints showed the home as 2800 sq. ft. Blue prints also show front of home as being brick, which we had changed to siding. Footings were done, based on the brick front. When builder discovered the mistake, the home had already been framed and there was extra space left for the brick front. We didn't want or pay for the brick so we had to move the framing around, which created extra sq. footage in the house. We ended up with a bit over 3,000 sq. ft.

Old 04-27-2021, 03:16 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,248,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jah241 View Post
Bo Bromhal, thanks very much for your posted answer. It gives me enough information for now. Your offer to provide a more extensive free explanation is greatly appreciated.

Fiona, I appreciate your response. I see cases where the Deed/Pkg Sale dates are a few weeks apart so your explanation helps. I also see cases where these dates are, for example, 20 years apart. Bo Bromhal’s answer helps me with those.

North_Raleigh_Guy, your example is the kind of thing I’m seeing now and then that led to my question. Thanks for posting it. Bo Bromhal’s answer indicates there may be an acceptable legal explanation.
there are certainly examples where it *looks like* whoever does data entry makes a mistake and forgets to enter info.

I'm pretty sure I've seen the exact situation NRG states, but if you click on the Deeds link on the top row, it then shows you the accurate revenue stamps paid. And I know for a fact I've even gone so far to look a Deed up to see that while neither sale price nor stamps were right, there was indeed stamps on the actual Deed, thus allowing me to figure sales price.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary