Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2021, 11:50 AM

66 posts, read 49,481 times

Advertisements

Are there any outdoor picnic shelters or covered outdoor meeting spaces for rent in the Cary/Apex/Raleigh/HS area?

I've found a number of them at various town/county parks and most are alcohol not allowed. It seems like for some Raleigh parks, a $100 alcohol permit is required and that seems pretty expensive. Key thing is that they need to allow alcohol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2021, 02:45 PM

98 posts, read 107,469 times
I gotta imagine you're going to have a hard time finding a town owned property that would allow alcohol and put it in writing as it opens up way too much liability for them. I might be wrong but the situation with Raleigh seems like an easy solution.

Old 04-21-2021, 05:39 AM

22,672 posts, read 36,820,982 times
Your only solution may be a shelter that doesn’t require a reservation and is first come first serve. Get there early and stake your claim.

Old 04-21-2021, 07:15 AM

595 posts, read 677,692 times
I agree with Bryan. Virtually all local or state owners parks prohibit alcohol. I’m not aware of any privately owned venues, but I’m sure they’d charge more than $100.

Old 04-21-2021, 11:12 AM
DPK

4,595 posts, read 5,731,560 times
Yeah you're not going to get around the permit costs. Any government-ish owned property will likely require an alcohol permit through the ABC commission. Some private venues that don't outright sell alcohol but rent space will also require it.

I think when my wife and I had a rehearsal dinner in downtown Durham at a rented venue a few years ago, we had to get a permit ourselves for $100-200 for it if I remember right. We only did catered wine and beer, would have been way more if liquor was involved too.

Here's a list of all permit types and fees broken down:
https://abc.nc.gov/Permit/Types

Old 04-21-2021, 01:50 PM

5,896 posts, read 6,966,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPK View Post
Here's a list of all permit types and fees broken down:
https://abc.nc.gov/Permit/Types
That reminds me of when I was working for the state, where I learned that DoR sells tax stamps for unauthorized substances. I asked a Revenue Agent about it - he said they had never sold any. I guess they are there for any Al Capone types they need to go after.
https://www.ncdor.gov/taxes/unauthor...ance-tax-rates
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary