Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2021, 03:47 PM

73 posts, read 41,731 times

Advertisements

Well I am currently in Central Regional Hospital here in Butner NC. Should be getting out soon and moving to Durham. Really looking forward to a fresh start, since I don't know anyone there. Have you ever had a Fresh Start?

Really takes me back to when I was moving around all over the USA for the Air Force growing up. Really means a lot to me, to have an outlet here at the Hospital. I would really appreciate it if you could send some prayers in for me and my situation, I have been in the Hospital almost 2 years.

I felt like it would be a good idea to introduce myself to this part of the Forum, because I plan on being a part of it for a good while. I really enjoy reading over the posts you all put on here! Was looking forward to moving to Raleigh but Durham is where I will be headed.

Perhaps you have some ideas I could offer some thoughts about? Perhaps your open to the idea of growing with me here on this forum? Well I am about to get off the computer here at the Hospital, thanks for reading my post and I look forward to reading your comments!

PS: I know I am not very good at Grammar so perhaps you can offer some advice on that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2021, 06:44 PM

231 posts, read 234,738 times
Really looking forward to your future posts!

Old 04-22-2021, 04:30 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,933,225 times
What kind of hospital was that DJ?

Old 04-22-2021, 04:32 AM

22,671 posts, read 36,810,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggly Woggly View Post
What kind of hospital was that DJ?
Oh Pogs

Old 04-22-2021, 07:06 AM

3,307 posts, read 8,563,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buxton Bagpipes View Post
Really looking forward to your future posts!
Thanks for a "spit my coffee out" moment.

Old 04-22-2021, 09:49 AM

Well I got good news today! Got my Intake appointment for an ACT Team next Thursday! Dr said I should be out of the Hospital by end of April or Beginning of May! Been in here 2 years and this is a Mental Hospital, can't wait to taste my sweet freedom. Looking forward to the future, thanks to all of you that sent some prayers in for me!

I am doing the best I can to stay Positive, I have been listening to this positive thinking meditation music on SoundCloud I highly recommend!
Link: https://soundcloud.com/arturix-panth...ing-relaxation

Looks like I am for sure going to be in Durham just not sure where yet, going to be in something called Bridge Housing while they look for an Apartment! If you know anyone with Mental issues, I highly recommend: https://www.alliancehealthplan.org/

The future is looking really great, hoping to find me a wife in Durham! I would like to say I am grateful for Central Regional Hospital and all there efforts to make sure I get the best treatment. I am really looking forward to a cup of Columbian Roast Coffee and it has been a long time coming, I am going to stay away from cigarettes too. I got a good feeling that I will find a lot of good in Durham NC.

Thanks so much to all of you that are writing me, I am looking forward to reading your responses as well! I love "In GOD we Trust" on our currency and after this trial of patience, I got a feeling I will have a much deeper closeness with Society. I pray all is well with you and your family, thanks for reading!

Sincerely,
DJ

Old 04-22-2021, 10:13 AM

1,462 posts, read 660,563 times
Thanks for the suggestions for helping others with mental issues. It sounds like you've found a strong support system. Because your faith is so important to you, it'll be great when you find a church. Your fellow church members can help with introducing you to the area and directing you to all that Durham has to offer as well.

I think you'll enjoy Durham as it's got a cool vibe, is vibrant and is a good spot for young people.

Last edited by Shallow Hal; 04-22-2021 at 10:27 AM..

Old 04-23-2021, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallow Hal View Post
Thanks for the suggestions for helping others with mental issues. It sounds like you've found a strong support system. Because your faith is so important to you, it'll be great when you find a church. Your fellow church members can help with introducing you to the area and directing you to all that Durham has to offer as well.

I think you'll enjoy Durham as it's got a cool vibe, is vibrant and is a good spot for young people.

Not a problem, getting really excited about the new area. I have never even been to Durham so it is going to be a good fresh start with my life. Thanks for your thoughts!

Old 04-23-2021, 02:06 PM

5,153 posts, read 3,763,782 times
Good luck.

Old 04-23-2021, 04:22 PM

4,557 posts, read 3,758,043 times
Another thanks for helping people with mental illness. That diagnosis has been ignored in this country, and especially in NC. Closing Dorothea Dix to save money was a mistake. The number of people need mental health care has grown even faster during this pandemic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary