Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2006, 11:37 AM

1 posts, read 2,573 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are from the B'ham AL area he works for a company that is located in Sanford NC he has been there many times but has never really had the chance to look the area over. I was wondering if any one knew anything aboout that are of NC. We live about 20 miles out of B'ham in a very small town we have the total of 1 store and no red lights. I like living close to B'ham without living in it. I do like small towns maybe not as small as the one we live in but I do not want to live in a large town just on the outskirts of one. I have read some info on this site and I am concerned about the taxes in NC. Where I live in the taxes are not like what I have read. In St. Clair Co AL we are not taxed for how many dogs we own or for home-made trailers to pull around in the yard. We are only taxed for anything that you drive on the highways and the type of house and how much property and that is about it aside from the taxes that every else every where pays. If taxes in Lee count NC or the surrounding counties are as high as some that I have read we can't afford to live in NC. As far as schools, yes I want a decent school for my 10 year old daughter. The schools here are not any thing to brag about. Need help on where we need to live that is not that far from Sanford. As from crime I would like an area that has less than B'ham just about every day some body has either tried to kill or as killed another person. B'ham is full of some sort of crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2014, 04:19 PM

70 posts, read 141,553 times
My husband works in Sanford and I am originally from Sanford, but when we recently decided to relocate back to the area from out of state, we decided not to live in Sanford. We decided on southern Wake instead. You might want to consider living in Holly Springs or Apex, depending on how far of a drive it would be for your husband. Wake County schools out perform Lee County schools in almost all regards. Some of the Chatham county schools are also performing well. There is crime in Sanford, just like anywhere else. Also, you should be aware that fracking is coming to Lee County and the state wants to dump the coal ash from the Dan River spill in Sanford. These two issues alone would make me run for the hills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary