Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2021, 02:17 PM

6,654 posts, read 5,589,525 times

Advertisements

The headline is just a little bit dramatic to be fair...........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2021, 02:25 PM

13,713 posts, read 12,431,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchChile View Post
Can you imagine you could casually walk into the pharmacy and get it? Are you tired? Here is valium. Are you hurt, try some valium! Melancholia? Here is the magic V. Are you a woman? Here is a bag of valium, just take it constantly.

Yeah, at this point, I do not really care. Explaining Durham is like explaining raw oysters to someone who won't try them "just cause." They won't get it. So, you are like "your loss" and get some more oysters.
Comparing valium to fentanyl is like comparing crystal meth to coffee. And IV delivery makes it different as well.

Old 06-03-2021, 02:43 PM

1,204 posts, read 778,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONOV View Post
Comparing valium to fentanyl is like comparing crystal meth to coffee. And IV delivery makes it different as well.
Lol, what?! It was in reference to Gvor’s point about valium.

Old 06-03-2021, 02:50 PM

22,668 posts, read 36,792,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallow Hal View Post
There have been a high number of Durham posts lately that do not show it in a good light. We are in the middle (have been for a number of years) of a nationwide crisis. Oh course it's a very bad thing. A very hideous thing. Sadly not unique to Durham. It's a good bet that the entire supply is not only going to the folks in Durham. And everyone will tsk tsk and then continue to support the longest and most failed war in US history. Essentially people put their faith in the drug cartel to manage the drug problem in this country. And we all know how that is working out......
The OP says "she's from W-S"....your complaint is a little ridic. Stating where this happened is not "dumping on Durham".

Old 06-03-2021, 05:23 PM

13,713 posts, read 12,431,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchChile View Post
Lol, what?! It was in reference to Gvor’s point about valium.
Well, combined with fentanyl...
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVoR View Post
They used a combo of Valium and Fentanyl to put me in "twilight sleep" for the procedure.

Old 06-03-2021, 06:17 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,212,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallow Hal View Post
Is it just me? I must have missed the memo. So is June officially DUMP on Durham month?
I'm from Durham, and happy to say so. I would have put this in the NC Forum (since she's from W-S), but this one is certainly more active, and the accused was stopped in Durham by Durham Co Sheriff's Dept.

Old 06-03-2021, 06:41 PM

1,204 posts, read 778,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONOV View Post
Well, combined with fentanyl...
okay. I lost the point of this conversation, but I was trying to say that it is now a prescription drug that’s mixed with fentanyl for conscious sedation! Or usually given as a strong pain med together with other opiates. no longer given to bored housewife to take everyday.

Old 06-03-2021, 07:04 PM

466 posts, read 700,568 times
Haha reminds me of a story one of the doctors I used to work with told me. A pharmacist called him and said "Uh, just checking but letting you know that I have one of your prescriptions that's written out for "two pounds" of "morfeen".

Turns out one of his patients had stolen a prescription off the pad and tried to win the lottery with it.

Old 06-04-2021, 05:15 AM

1,322 posts, read 1,257,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I'm from Durham, and happy to say so. I would have put this in the NC Forum (since she's from W-S), but this one is certainly more active, and the accused was stopped in Durham by Durham Co Sheriff's Dept.
So, the Durham County Sheriff's Department is better than Forsyth, Guilford, Alamance, and Orange since they didn't make the arrest?

Old 06-04-2021, 06:07 AM

43,284 posts, read 77,104,102 times
Today's paranoia level:

DEFCon 3.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary