Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2021, 08:58 AM

3,731 posts, read 2,053,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue at the Rock View Post
Be aware that it might be illegal. NYC has strict laws about Air BnB.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g...t.Rentals.html
Intererrrrrresting.

Thanks for passing this along
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2021, 08:59 AM

22,665 posts, read 36,764,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
I was there in 2018 and yes, I paid $350 for my ticket and $350 for my daughter's ticket! We justified it as...its Broadway, after all!!!

I actually love the idea of listening to the songs ahead of time! I didn't think to do that!!!

It was a great trip with my 2 daughters and I got some shopping in to!!! NY Pizza and dumplings from Chinatown! Great trip!
That's not that expensive when the going rate is $200/ticket for most shows! That's what I paid for orchestra tix to Lion King and Waitress.

Next time you're in NY the real Chinatown is in Flushing, Queens. Take the 7 train!

Old 06-27-2021, 10:43 AM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
Any idea if Disney plus supports subtitles? Hard to follow the songs on short recordings I've heard.
Yes. I tell people that to really appreciate it, they should watch twice. Once to get the full experience with the choreography and acting, and once with closed captioning on to really get into the lyrics.

Old 06-27-2021, 11:00 AM

1,204 posts, read 776,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVoR View Post
Jonathan Groff.

Apparently the crown weighed so much that he came up with his walk as a result of the weight
Really?? That makes sense now. He did such an awesome job with the whole mad king character though. There is a nice touch casting him: he a white man in power, and the rest of the cast are people of color going against his tyranny.

Old 06-28-2021, 01:07 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,423,675 times
Quote:
Intererrrrrresting.

Thanks for passing this along
Sure. I don't want you to get ripped off!

I saw Hamilton on Broadway in 2019. It beat my expectations for wonderful, and my expectations were high!

Old 06-29-2021, 03:06 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
That's not that expensive when the going rate is $200/ticket for most shows! That's what I paid for orchestra tix to Lion King and Waitress.

Next time you're in NY the real Chinatown is in Flushing, Queens. Take the 7 train!
Thanks for the Chinatown tip! Daughter had done some research and found some small hole in the wall dumpling place that we HAD to go to! There we were in Chinatown at 9 PM, right before the place closed! Lady gave us our dumplings but wouldn't let us sit down...said she was closing and she meant it! Southern charm...nope. Dumplings...delicious!

Old 06-29-2021, 03:09 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Yes. I tell people that to really appreciate it, they should watch twice. Once to get the full experience with the choreography and acting, and once with closed captioning on to really get into the lyrics.
What a great idea!

Like I said, I saw Hamilton in NY. Hubby watched it with me on Disney TV. He was rather lost and didn't LOVE IT like I do!

I just saved a couple hundred dollars!

I may watch again, by myself!

Old 12-02-2021, 08:32 AM

6,819 posts, read 9,050,477 times
Well tickets went on sale to the general public this morning for May 2022. I'm not a season ticket holder so I took a look. I was actually in the process of buying some tickets when I got an error message from Ticketmaster. Despite the timer they show you, I suspect they took back the tickets I had selected. Lesson learned for next time to go faster.

Edit: I was able to choose another day and there were still a few decent tickets available. I'm sure some of these will be resold.

Edit 2: Looks like they might have set this up to make it impossible to resell. Tickets are at will call and options in Ticketmaster to transfer and sell are grayed out. This should keep prices down.

Last edited by zitsky; 12-02-2021 at 09:07 AM..

Old 12-02-2021, 12:09 PM

1,326 posts, read 722,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
Well tickets went on sale to the general public this morning for May 2022.
Thanks for posting this! I forgot it was today!

Quote:
Flights, AirBnB and tickets to Hamilton on Broadway were cheaper (per couple) than two tickets in the same section in Greensboro.
The Greensboro tickets must have been resale tickets then. I just got a couple tickets at DPAC that would be a bit more in a similar section at Rodgers Theatre.

Last edited by ITB_OG; 12-02-2021 at 12:37 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 12-02-2021, 07:28 PM

6,819 posts, read 9,050,477 times
Anyone know much about DPAC reselling? My tickets can't be sold but tonight I see quite a few more tickets available for the same show at double or more the price. It seems that *someone* is reselling them? I've resold tickets before but it's always clearly marked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary