Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2021, 05:37 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,311,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
Oh, my bad. Go ahead an add in the "American-born" part also. See what happens. This is the internet anyway, so nobody is happy with any post anyway, no matter how mundane it is.

Like I told you, my Greek family has married into Indian families and there are plenty of my family members who want to meet "American-born Indians, not the FOBS who came straight from India." They want to meet other Indians who were BORN here. That's their preference. Would anyone give the a hard time? I don't think so.

Try it out.
No thanks - I already get enough of a hard time on here for having different views than most other active posters. No need to create pointless posts so everyone can pretend that they’d be ok with a white American saying they want to meet other Americans that are similar to themselves.

I’m literally saying that I can understand completely why someone minority or not, especially immigrant or transplant, would want to meet people that are similar to them. If I said the opposite (which as shown by the people who misunderstood my posts), then I’d take heat for that as well. All I’m saying is there’s a double standard and I’ve documented that with a real world example. There’s just no way I could win this argument, so let’s just end it. You all win, there’s no double standard.

Last edited by m378; 06-29-2021 at 05:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2021, 06:13 PM

4,623 posts, read 3,817,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
No thanks - I already get enough of a hard time on here for having different views than most other active posters. No need to create pointless posts so everyone can pretend that they’d be ok with a white American saying they want to meet other Americans that are similar to themselves.

I’m literally saying that I can understand completely why someone minority or not, especially immigrant or transplant, would want to meet people that are similar to them. If I said the opposite (which as shown by the people who misunderstood my posts), then I’d take heat for that as well. All I’m saying is there’s a double standard and I’ve documented that with a real world example. There’s just no way I could win this argument, so let’s just end it. You all win, there’s no double standard.

This is exactly why you don't get anywhere on this forum. You just said, "I can understand completely why someone minority or not, especially immigrant or transplant, would want to meet people that are similar to them."

But then if someone asks on our forum, "Hi, I want to meet someone or live in a neighborhood or apartment complex that has Indians, Chinese, etc _____insert immigrant race here."

And then you immediately respond by saying, "Why limited yourself to Indian? Chinese? etc?"

Therefore, tell me what you mean by, "If I said the opposite (which as shown by the people who misunderstood my posts), then I’d take heat for that as well. All I’m saying is there’s a double standard and I’ve documented that with a real world example."

Go ahead, bro. Help us understand because it's obvious the Triangle C-D people don't understand you. I already gave an example of the supposed double standard and you ignored it.

Old 06-29-2021, 06:30 PM

Quote:
This is exactly why you don't get anywhere on this forum. You just said, "I can understand completely why someone minority or not, especially immigrant or transplant, would want to meet people that are similar to them."

But then if someone asks on our forum, "Hi, I want to meet someone or live in a neighborhood or apartment complex that has Indians, Chinese, etc _____insert immigrant race here."

And then you immediately respond by saying, "Why limited yourself to Indian? Chinese? etc?"

Therefore, tell me what you mean by, "If I said the opposite (which as shown by the people who misunderstood my posts), then I’d take heat for that as well. All I’m saying is there’s a double standard and I’ve documented that with a real world example."

Go ahead, bro. Help us understand because it's obvious the Triangle C-D people don't understand you. I already gave an example of the supposed double standard and you ignored it.
My original post was tongue-in-cheek, I already stated that. It was tongue in cheek because I believe there’s a double standard. I believe there’s a double standard because if a non-minority American wrote that same post, everyone would jump on them and say they’re terrible and they should be open to meeting all races and nationalities. I understand you disagree. Now if my original post was NOT tongue-in-cheek (which many didn’t realize it was), people would complain about it (which people did) as well. Theres no winning - but that’s fine.

And I don’t really care if you think “I don’t get anywhere on this forum”. I post my own views and I realize most of the other posters on here have different views.

Old 06-29-2021, 07:25 PM

Quote:
My original post was tongue-in-cheek, I already stated that. It was tongue in cheek because I believe there’s a double standard. I believe there’s a double standard because if a non-minority American wrote that same post, everyone would jump on them and say they’re terrible and they should be open to meeting all races and nationalities. I understand you disagree. Now if my original post was NOT tongue-in-cheek (which many didn’t realize it was), people would complain about it (which people did) as well. Theres no winning - but that’s fine.

And I don’t really care if you think “I don’t get anywhere on this forum”. I post my own views and I realize most of the other posters on here have different views.

What you posted it NOT tongue-in-cheek. Perhaps you are the one who could use a re-education with our wonderful west Cary educational system?

You still don't get it, do you? Like you said, "if a non-minority American wrote that same post, everyone would jump on them and say they’re terrible and they should be open to meeting all races and nationalities."

So let me act like the "non-minority American" like you describe. I almost fit that description.

"Hi, I just moved to the Triangle area and pretty much don't know anyone in this area. I like astronomy, space, science and going to museums. If you are a white American who is born in this country, please PM me at the current username or email."

See how dumb your double standard sounds? Again for the millionth time, if you need help finding American-born white people, you got a big F'ing problem on your hands, bro. Double standard? hahaha, that's F-ing ridiculous. If you need help finding a white American who is born here (whether or not they have children), you probably need other help than this forum can provide.

You are just like the stereotypical definition that the ENTIRE WORLD says about us Americans. Self-centered and only worried about yourself and nobody else. How about helping the rest of the unfortunate souls on this planet?

Old 06-29-2021, 07:27 PM

1,257 posts, read 1,193,358 times
Your post was not tongue in cheek at all. It was unwelcoming and rude. You choose to make this point any time a person of color asks. I’d rather be a hypocrite in your eyes than a racist. Furthermore, your comment illustrates why the OP would make his request in the first place.

Old 06-29-2021, 07:27 PM

Quote:
What you posted it NOT tongue-in-cheek. Perhaps you are the one who could use a re-education with our wonderful west Cary educational system?

You still don't get it, do you? Like you said, "if a non-minority American wrote that same post, everyone would jump on them and say they’re terrible and they should be open to meeting all races and nationalities."

So let me act like the "non-minority American" like you describe. I almost fit that description.

"Hi, I just moved to the Triangle area and pretty much don't know anyone in this area. I like astronomy, space, science and going to museums. If you are a white American who is born in this country, please PM me at the current username or email."

See how dumb your double standard sounds? Again for the millionth time, if you need help finding American-born white people, you got a big F'ing problem on your hands, bro. Double standard? hahaha, that's F-ing ridiculous. If you need help finding a white American who is born here (whether or not they have children), you probably need other help than this forum can provide.

You are just like the stereotypical definition that the ENTIRE WORLD says about us Americans. Self-centered and only worried about yourself and nobody else. How about helping the rest of the unfortunate souls on this planet?
Ok.

Old 06-29-2021, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Ok.

Yep, just what I expected from a 43 y/o who really needs to grow up and realize that you were the racist, xenophobic "helper" on this lovely forum. Next time, maybe you can have a more helpful reply and have one that doesn't have the entire forum all over you. I wish you can do that...

Liam Neeson in the movie Taken, 2008: "Good luck."

Old 06-29-2021, 07:49 PM

6,662 posts, read 5,620,226 times
Thank you to the anonymous person who pointed me to the ignore list

Old 06-29-2021, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Yep, just what I expected from a 43 y/o who really needs to grow up and realize that you were the racist, xenophobic "helper" on this lovely forum. Next time, maybe you can have a more helpful reply and have one that doesn't have the entire forum all over you. I wish you can do that...

Liam Neeson in the movie Taken, 2008: "Good luck."
I'm not sure what to tell you. I agree the post wasn't helpful and I probably should have skipped it, but it wasn't intended to be any of the above - sorry you think that. Sounding like a broken record, but I do not blame the OP in any way for wanting to meet people he can relate to. I would do the same.

Old 06-30-2021, 09:13 AM

12,926 posts, read 9,687,164 times
Quote:
Oh, my bad. Go ahead an add in the "American-born" part also. See what happens. This is the internet anyway, so nobody is happy with any post anyway, no matter how mundane it is.

Like I told you, my Greek family has married into Indian families and there are plenty of my family members who want to meet "American-born Indians, not the FOBS who came straight from India." They want to meet other Indians who were BORN here. That's their preference. Would anyone give the a hard time? I don't think so.

Try it out.
I think this would've been ok as well:

"New resident in Triangle would like to make some Slovakian friends." That flies, but since it's Chinese, it doesn't sit well with some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary