Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2021, 06:16 AM

7,270 posts, read 4,239,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Just another effort to determine if you have a clue what you are posting about.
Case closed.

They have a clue. The forms wanted are the Realtor P&S and various addendum's - and the option to sign and deliver those and other forms electronically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2021, 06:19 AM

43,510 posts, read 77,518,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
They have a clue. The forms wanted are the Realtor P&S and various addendum's - and the option to sign and deliver those and other forms electronically.

Ah. The firm is providing the NCREALTORS Standard Form 2T and versions of the disclosures whether you have representation or not?

Old 07-16-2021, 06:31 AM

22,740 posts, read 36,994,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
So, how can you make money doing that? Just driving out to the house is worth more than $149. I assume that enough people will use them for help later that it adds up?

People are giving their services away. It's crazy.
Totally agree. The price is either a foot in the door technique to press for other services or you’re paying $149 to take your own photos and get forms you already had access to. And if the listing runs afoul of regs I wonder what the contract states as to who is left holding the bag.

Old 07-16-2021, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
Totally agree. The price is either a foot in the door technique to press for other services or you’re paying $149 to take your own photos and get forms you already had access to. And if the listing runs afoul of regs I wonder what the contract states as to who is left holding the bag.

It's always weird when a remote listing agent limits photos to less than 30, as allowed on MLS, or limits term to less than a year, and requires an upgrade/$$$ to go up with either.
Neither feature has a penny in costs.

Regs?
A listing agent who never visits the property but relies on customer data is already past a gray area.
One remote lister was recently busted by the Commission for lack of compliance with regulations.

Old 07-16-2021, 07:03 AM

Quote:
It's always weird when a remote listing agent limits photos to less than 30, as allowed on MLS, or limits term to less than a year, and requires an upgrade/$$$ to go up with either.
Neither feature has a penny in costs.
That's part of their business model.

Quote:
Regs?
A listing agent who never visits the property but relies on customer data is already past a gray area.
One remote lister was recently busted by the Commission for lack of compliance with regulations.

Can you cite the remote lister and reason for being "busted"? If a consumer enters into an agreement with a broker with the understanding that no services are provided except access to the MLS and forms, and that is all they receive - and claims no harm - what is the basis for complaining? Except maybe upsetting the apple cart of status-quo / Realtor dominance...

Old 07-16-2021, 07:56 AM

Quote:
That's part of their business model.

Can you cite the remote lister and reason for being "busted"? If a consumer enters into an agreement with a broker with the understanding that no services are provided except access to the MLS and forms, and that is all they receive - and claims no harm - what is the basis for complaining? Except maybe upsetting the apple cart of status-quo / Realtor dominance...

LOL Ease up on the middle school conspiracy melodramatics. The NC Real Estate Commission is in the business of protecting consumers and disciplines agents every month, from reprimands to revocation of licenses for errors and misrepresentation, etc.
Yup, the Commission can take my license. The Board of REALTORS, or the MLS, or NAR? No, they cannot take my license.
I prize my license much more than I value membership in REALTOR Associations or MLS.

Actually, a few months ago, SF was a focus. Several agents were reprimanded or disciplined by the NC Real Estate Commission for square footage errors or misrepresentation. I will see if I can find that one as it pointed more to dereliction than error, but the question stands:
How will your listing agent satisfy the NC Real Estate Commission requirements as stated in the following brochure, supported by licensing law and regulation?
https://www.ncrec.gov/Brochures/Meas...let%202013.pdf

"When an agent relies upon measurements and calculations personally performed by a competent appraiser or a more expert agent, the appraiser or agent must use these Guidelines or other comparable standards and the square footage reported must be specifically determined in connection with the current transaction."

This requirement applies to all agents who advertise properties and advertise SF. ALL agents.
Will the agent pop in and measure for $149? Will the agent or you pay a licensed appraiser to measure?
Will the agent have work papers and calcs to show if busted? Good agents do, always.

Can I hope that we could agree that fabricating SF or lying about SF or reporting SF that was not calculated according to Commission rules would be a bad thing? No?
Or is money such a high priority that integrity and ethics are just OK if they fit the pocketbook? I hope not.

The question on forms is more of a NCREALTORS question. The forms are copyrighted for use by agents with clients and customers.
You absolutely have the right to have a contract document package drafted by an attorney. You may even prefer it. I am curious how your service can justify passing blank copyrighted documents to consumers without providing representation to at least one party, or working in dual agency.

Old 07-16-2021, 08:23 AM

I asked for the specific instance you cited since it related to remote listing firms - and the inference was remote entry-only firms can't following the rules because of their low-cost business model. The melodramatics are on your end.

From the brochure you cited:

Quote:
As an alternative to personally measuring a dwelling and calculating its square footage, an agent may rely on the square footage reported by other persons when it is reasonable under the circumstances to do so.

County records are pretty accurate usually and many agents and mortgage companies use it. All information is deemed accurate but not guaranteed is the tagline most Realtors use.

Moderator may want to move this to the real estate section since a broker has turned it into something more than a RDU info. thread.

Old 07-16-2021, 08:35 AM

Quote:
I asked for the specific instance you cited since it related to remote listing firms - and the inference was remote entry-only firms can't following the rules because of their low-cost business model. The melodramatics are on your end.

From the brochure you cited:

County records are pretty accurate usually and many agents and mortgage companies use it. All information is deemed accurate but not guaranteed is the tagline most Realtors use.

Moderator may want to move this to the real estate section since a broker has turned it into something more than a RDU info. thread.
It is most specifically an NC thread. NC Real Estate Commission. Cary/Apex. Triangle MLS.
I'm just trying to help you, or other folks who have interest, understand the roles of the NC Real Estate Commission, REALTORS, and how the laws work.
What is the source of resistance to understanding and clarifying some of the misunderstandings you and others routinely post? An example: Misquoting the basis of All information is deemed accurate but not guaranteed. That is specific to the MLS and IDX and VOW feeds, and has absolutely nothing to do with licensing. MLSs just don't want to be liable for things like agents who err or lie in their postings. That is the only reason for that disclaimer.

And, I DID say I would dig deeper and try to find the specific firm/agent that was disciplined. I tried to respond to you quicker, because that search is a fairly deep dive.
Clearly remote agents have a much harder time acting legally and ethically when they set out not to measure, don't measure and don't arrange for qualified professional measurements.
I actually did you a nice turn, providing the forms that are required for a residential seller, right at the top. Shucks, you are welcome.

I know many people don't respect laws if they interfere with profits. I see it routinely. It is a shame.

Old 07-16-2021, 09:56 AM

With about 15 disciplinary actions related to SF by the NCREC over the last year, I have not seen the one I had in mind, but I found one from Clayton, regarding an agent who uses improper seller data in advertising without verifying.

And, here's a good article:

https://bulletins.ncrec.gov/square-f...on-case-study/
"Any broker who includes a square footage figure in the MLS or any other form of advertising should exercise great care to accurately determine and report the square footage. A broker should never rely upon tax records, MLS data for previous listings/sales, previous appraisals, blueprints, or the seller’s word for square footage. The Commission’s publication, “Residential Square Footage Guidelines,” is an excellent resource for brokers who measure and calculate square footage themselves."

Old 07-16-2021, 11:02 AM

25,115 posts, read 16,308,415 times
Quote:
"affordable" is lowest cost into MLS. Found an entry only firm for $149 - 6 month term, 25 photos, access to all docs and no fee to make changes. Allows the ability to offer whatever the seller wants as a co-broke fee - which Carolina's Choice doesn't. Also will offer help with negotiations / contracts / process for a modest additional fee at closing.
that is, should we say "interesting".

I'm surprised you can't find it for $99 though. Who's taking the photos, and why just 25?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary