Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2021, 01:33 PM

7,270 posts, read 4,233,858 times

Advertisements

Relatives are going to be selling their house in Cary/Apex area soon and are looking for the most affordable option to to so. They are looking for an entry-only firm that will get their home into the MLS and get them access to forms needed for the transaction. They want to control the co-broke fee offered vs. having to offer the standard CB fee.

Can anyone recommend an entry only firm that operates this way (some don't allow a non-standard CB fee but some do) that is part of the Triangle MLS? There appear to be a few but wonder if anyone has used one they can recommend. Tks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2021, 02:39 PM

43,442 posts, read 77,411,003 times
Required forms for Sellers are all governmentally provided and in the public domain:

Property Disclosure:
https://www.ncrec.gov/Forms/Consumer/rec422.pdf
Now, this is under minor revision, with the new form mandatory for home sales after 7/1/2021, but the Real Estate Commission has not provided the new form yet. Making me nuts with the delay.

Mandatory Mineral, Oil, and Gas Rights Disclosure:
https://www.ncrec.gov/Forms/Consumer/rec425.pdf

House built before 1978?
Mandatory Lead-based Paint disclosure:
https://www.epa.gov/sites/production...s/selr_eng.pdf
LBP, Lead in your home pamphlet:
https://www.epa.gov/sites/production...r-2020-508.pdf

Old 07-14-2021, 03:13 PM

25,115 posts, read 16,284,752 times
what is "affordable"? Is it the lowest out-of-pocket cost, or the largest take-home amount?

Old 07-15-2021, 06:20 AM

6 posts, read 7,106 times
Carolinas Choice….

Old 07-15-2021, 07:41 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,298,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
what is "affordable"? Is it the lowest out-of-pocket cost, or the largest take-home amount?
I believe Bo hit the nail on the head!

Old 07-15-2021, 10:22 AM

426 posts, read 465,731 times
I'm fairly confident that we've bought and sold more properties than 99% of the population (we've moved A LOT) so very comfortable in the buying / selling world. While a blind squirrel could sell a house in this market, I can't imagine dealing with the current market on my own. The thought of dealing with 30-40-50? showings the first weekend, and weeding through dozens of offers, and then equalizing those offers between closing periods, contingencies, cash vs. finance, due diligence amounts, prequals, personal buyers vs. REITs, etc. makes me twitch even thinking about it. If a listing Realtor can't get a seller their 2-3% fee back via negotiations between buyers in this market, you got the wrong Realtor. (And I'd argue that a good many of the Realtor's that do this as a hobby probably can't).

Old 07-15-2021, 11:10 AM

7,270 posts, read 4,233,858 times
"affordable" is lowest cost into MLS. Found an entry only firm for $149 - 6 month term, 25 photos, access to all docs and no fee to make changes. Allows the ability to offer whatever the seller wants as a co-broke fee - which Carolina's Choice doesn't. Also will offer help with negotiations / contracts / process for a modest additional fee at closing.

Old 07-15-2021, 11:55 AM

9,156 posts, read 14,815,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
"affordable" is lowest cost into MLS. Found an entry only firm for $149 - 6 month term, 25 photos, access to all docs and no fee to make changes. Allows the ability to offer whatever the seller wants as a co-broke fee - which Carolina's Choice doesn't. Also will offer help with negotiations / contracts / process for a modest additional fee at closing.
So, how can you make money doing that? Just driving out to the house is worth more than $149. I assume that enough people will use them for help later that it adds up?

People are giving their services away. It's crazy.

Old 07-15-2021, 12:10 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,309,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
So, how can you make money doing that? Just driving out to the house is worth more than $149. I assume that enough people will use them for help later that it adds up?

They don't provide anything except provide access to the MLS and access to forms, which I'm sure is all automated. They do nothing at all.

Old 07-15-2021, 12:10 PM

43,442 posts, read 77,411,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post

Not exactly. Compromise service enough, legally and ethically and in regards to MLS rules, and lots of stuff can be done.
1. No trip to the house. This is fundamental for any listing agent.

Ergo, the following legal issues for many Entry Only listing agents:
1. Listing Agent does not observe and disclose material issues.
2. Listing Agent does not measure the house, but grabs SF off the tax rolls or a prior appraisal or a prior listing, all of which are not legit.
3. Listing Agent hangs their license on data provided by the seller.

You cannot expect listing agents from Florida, Greensboro, or Atlanta, or other distant areas to actually perform a complete professional job with integrity, in observance of legal requirements, NAR Ethics, or MLS rules, now, can you?
Unfortunately, there are just too many local agents with similar operating methods that the remote agents don't really stand out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary