Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2021, 08:58 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,631,772 times

Advertisements

Greensboro and Guilford County are also starting an indoor mask mandate this week.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2021, 07:52 AM

4,849 posts, read 3,569,421 times
I guess you can be trans and still be conservative about some things. Have you looked into California?

Old 08-14-2021, 09:42 AM

1,178 posts, read 1,016,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skempter View Post
IMHO the meaning of "snowflake", as it applies to people, is being completely hijacked / rewritten here with potentially an unpleasant racial undercurrent.

The term "snowflake" was coined and minted to refer to the folks who say "I was born X but identify as Y, if I can't go to the bathroom as Y I will cry about it". Snowflakes feel everyone is special in their own way, and a professionally competitive drag queen should make the same salary as a heart surgeon because nobody's role is more or less important, and if that doesn't happen it's an example of bullying.
Odd take from a self-proclaimed liberal.

Snowflake was started as a derogatory term from the far-right towards liberals who they took as whiny and wanting everything handed to them.

Yet if there's anything the last couple years have taught us, it's the far right that actually fit that description. The term hasn't been "hijacked". It's been reframed for accuracy.

Frankly, the snowflakes are on the far end of both sides of the political spectrum.

Old 08-14-2021, 09:58 AM

5,124 posts, read 7,246,826 times
I would consider Charlotte or Atlanta, but apparently the OP has an aversion to the larger cities.

Old 08-14-2021, 10:49 AM
DPK

4,593 posts, read 5,687,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancers View Post
I guess you can be trans and still be conservative about some things. Have you looked into California?
lol

Old 08-14-2021, 11:59 PM

346 posts, read 302,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppydog View Post
Yeah. Look at Florida and Texas if you don't like mask mandates. There are plenty of cities in each state where a "moderate" trans person would be welcomed.

The Triangle/Raleigh is not for you if you don't like masks and BLM signs.

I just think some things are overkill and the far left needs to also quit their crap. Everyone should be moderate. And whats sad is, I feel like the only one who is.

I once lived in FL, believe me I would go back in an instant, its just going to be harder this time because its a longer drive and all my stuff is going to be out in the open in the back of my truck. But ya no question I'd love that. And no not every business will force people to wear masks. They will not. I don't care if its Raleigh, Durham or wherever.

I hate when people make it like its the norm or should be the norm that BLM signs and face coverings are the way. Its like they're trying to sell something. These people aren't true progressives either. I am much more true progressive than ANY of them.

Old 08-15-2021, 12:02 AM

346 posts, read 302,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I would consider Charlotte or Atlanta, but apparently the OP has an aversion to the larger cities.

Charlotte then. Thats now starting to be looked at. I started posting Ads for Charlotte a few hours ago.

I just don't want where I go next to be another Portland, and I will be fine. That is my biggest phobia. Once a place becomes Portland, its all over. I thought Durham was doing that but didn't think Raleigh would. A huge small town that thinks far left I don't want. If Raleigh is in fact on pace to mirror Portland within 3 years then yea, I won't want to go to be honest. Plus I had a friend around there, I am now not talking to her so ya it might just naturally be crossing itself off the list.

And also, I have zero desire to shop at places like Trader Joes or Earth Fare. It just doesn't have the same draw with me that it used to when I was younger. so if I outgrew all that then yea, maybe its not a good fit in the Triangle area.

I haven't seen a lot of recommendations for Greensboro and the listings are lower so I will definitely skip on that place now. Charlotte it is or Florida 2nd or if I get lucky, Stay in Columbia.

Last edited by LongLeggedOne; 08-15-2021 at 12:13 AM..

Old 08-15-2021, 09:15 AM

4,849 posts, read 3,569,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPK View Post
lol
Actually not meant to be funny.

Old 08-15-2021, 09:27 AM

556 posts, read 946,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLeggedOne View Post
I am much more true progressive than ANY of them.
No, you're not.

Old 08-15-2021, 09:38 AM

11,971 posts, read 7,714,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRVT View Post
Odd take from a self-proclaimed liberal.

Snowflake was started as a derogatory term from the far-right towards liberals who they took as whiny and wanting everything handed to them.

Yet if there's anything the last couple years have taught us, it's the far right that actually fit that description. The term hasn't been "hijacked". It's been reframed for accuracy.

Frankly, the snowflakes are on the far end of both sides of the political spectrum.
Exactly. Snowflakes are on both sides. Those who complain and don't want LGBT+ people in their backyard/neighborhood are simply, Snowflakes. They can whine and moan and scream and shout all they want.

If you are offended by someone simply living next to you or someone who isn't like you enters you community, you are a snowflake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary