Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2021, 10:52 PM

81 posts, read 55,148 times

Advertisements

Greetings everyone!!!

We are looking to relocated back to NC after having been away for 6+ years and it seems like home prices have skyrocketed like many other states in the nation so I need a little bit of help with some ideas.

Our budget is up to $300k max for a 3bd+ / 2bth + ~ 1,700+ sq ft. single level home on .25+ acre lot ideally.

The counties we're considering are Johnston, Lee, Harnett, Chatham, Alamance, Orange. I wish we could be in Wake but trying to find anything in our budget would be extremely challenging.

What I would like help with is names of any developments / builders that fit our desire in the counties I've listed. If there are other counties within a 50 mile radius of the Raleigh / Durham / Chapel Hill area, we are open to checking them out. We don't have children so schools are not a concern but would like a good family type community. Night life is not our priority. Accessibility to medical, hospitals, shopping within reasonable distance is desired.

High-speed broadband is a requirement either cable or fiber.

Thank you in advance for any assistance provided.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2021, 06:03 AM

13,371 posts, read 27,039,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetraveler View Post
...Our budget is up to $300k max for a 3bd+ / 2bth + ~ 1,700+ sq ft. single level home on .25+ acre lot ideally.

The counties we're considering are Johnston, Lee, Harnett, Chatham, Alamance, Orange. I wish we could be in Wake but trying to find anything in our budget would be extremely challenging.

What I would like help with is names of any developments / builders that fit our desire in the counties I've listed......
Sanford in Lee County would fit your needs for a family-oriented place. There are many brick single-level homes, often older houses. Lexington Farms has some single level new construction models. Here's its offerings: https://www.zillow.com/community/lex...29112146_plid/

Sanford is going through the same price appreciation pressure that Wake County is. Lillington in Harnett County is another choice.

Old 08-13-2021, 08:08 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,209,782 times
it sounds like you only want new construction?

Old 08-13-2021, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
Sanford in Lee County would fit your needs for a family-oriented place. There are many brick single-level homes, often older houses. Lexington Farms has some single level new construction models. Here's its offerings: https://www.zillow.com/community/lex...29112146_plid/

Sanford is going through the same price appreciation pressure that Wake County is. Lillington in Harnett County is another choice.
Of what we found in our research I’m in total agreement with you. Thank you for that. Someone did mention Lillington to us.

Old 08-13-2021, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
it sounds like you only want new construction?
Ideally yes but not necessarily. 5yrs old or newer would be nice too.

Old 08-13-2021, 07:43 PM

Anyone know any sources for finding lots that would allow modular homes?

Also, any word on Zebulon or Wendell. We are pretty open to areas 35 miles or less generally speaking to Raleigh / Durham area.

Old 08-13-2021, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Anyone know any sources for finding lots that would allow modular homes?

Also, any word on Zebulon or Wendell. We are pretty open to areas 35 miles or less generally speaking to Raleigh / Durham area.
Between Zebulon and Wendell, there is 1 single-story house in your price range. (They are in Wake County, and you did not ask about it.)

Regarding lots for modular homes, I can only suggest working with the modular home vendor. Occasionally I have seen it noted on Realtor that a lot does allow manufactured homes, but it is not a searchable term.

I know that numerous places in Lee County have double-wides, so I assume there is little problem with a modular that looks like a stick-built house.

Last edited by goldenage1; 08-13-2021 at 10:02 PM..

Old 08-14-2021, 01:07 PM

Vanderbilt and Champion have modular home sales offices in Sanford. I'm sure they could help you find a lot.

Last edited by goldenage1; 08-14-2021 at 01:31 PM..

Old 08-14-2021, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
Vanderbilt and Champion have modular home sales offices in Sanford. I'm sure they could help you find a lot.
We’ve visited Vanderbilt in Sanford on US 1 and loved their homes but the gentleman told me we have to find our own lot. They don’t offer that. He may have said they used to. We are connecting with real estate agents to get further assistance.

I appreciate your input. We’ll also look into Champion homes.

Old 08-14-2021, 02:05 PM

43,282 posts, read 77,104,102 times
Quote:
We’ve visited Vanderbilt in Sanford on US 1 and loved their homes but the gentleman told me we have to find our own lot. They don’t offer that. He may have said they used to. We are connecting with real estate agents to get further assistance.

I appreciate your input. We’ll also look into Champion homes.

Ask about a firm date for delivery of any factory-built house.
Good factories are totally overwhelmed with orders. Can you wait 8 months or a year? Some are that far out.
Ask about surcharges for building materials.

Be cautious about how deeply you commit. This is a North Carolina story on the CD Real Estate Forum, and it really hurt the OP:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/real...cancelled.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary