Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2008, 09:31 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,043,586 times

Advertisements

Are there any haunted tours of Raleigh at this time of the year? I've heard of Exucutive Mansion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 02:12 PM

17 posts, read 58,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
Are there any haunted tours of Raleigh at this time of the year? I've heard of Exucutive Mansion.
As someone always interested in a good spooky tale, I think this is an excellent question. Alas, if I only had an answer for you... but I have not heard of any such thing around Raleigh or anywhere in the Triangle area.

Sounds like a great opportunity for someone interested in doing the research to write a small booklet on the subject. There's a guy in Gettysburg, PA, that's surely made a small fortune writing a "Haunted Gettysburg" series, and spawned an entire Ghost Walk industry up there. (Of course, Gettysburg, being what it is, with the battle and all, is a natural for "spooks and haints").

I have heard many a great ghost tale set in the more rural parts of NC, but never much about the urban centers. Not that there aren't some good stories; I'm sure there are.

Hopefully someone with extensive knowledge of local lore will weigh in on this subject.

Old 05-19-2008, 02:32 PM

3,395 posts, read 7,767,204 times
Have not heard of one in Raleigh. When I was in Wilmington downtown a few weeks ago they has a couple of different ghost walks there (a lot of the coastal towns have been doing that - Charleston, Savannah, etc).

Old 05-19-2008, 06:16 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,489,693 times
You might need to go to Savannah, GA for a haunted tour in the Spring or Summer
Hauntings Tour - See America's Most Haunted City
but they are rare to come by in this area when it not the halloween season.

Here is a list of haunted places in the triangle
//www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...igh-metro.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary