Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 07:26 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,003,675 times

Advertisements

Bayleaf Vet / Dr. Wilson. Best in Raleigh!!! We are close but if I moved I would travel
an hour just to use him!!!
He stays current with the new procedures. ( My brother is a vet out of state and Dr Wilson did a surgical procedure recently on my dog that my brother said very few
vets are doing yet!) Once my dog came in contact with a rabid raccoon and one of the vets from Bayleaf went in late at night without being asked to get the rabies vaccination date just to give peace of mind that night.
They are just outside(north of) 540 on Six Forks beside Taylors Convienence store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2008, 11:40 PM

27 posts, read 92,189 times
We took our very sick pet to Bowman when we had just moved here, and were shocked at the amount of money we were charged. Won't go back. It seemed like, rather than using common sense to see that the cat was very old and terminally ill, they did a lot of expensive testing and medicating, and we were told to bring him in repeatedly for more testing. We understood that they were not familiar with him, but looking back, it should've been more obvious to them, because of the history we told them, and the cat's symptoms.

It was also confusing trying to work with both the traditional medicine and the alternative medicine doctors. I don't think it was well coordinated between the two types, and looking back, I think it made is much harder for our poor cat.

Old 05-19-2008, 12:30 PM

460 posts, read 1,273,829 times
I've been at Oberlin Animal Hospital for 10 years and love it (sometimes also using the Glenwood location) Dr. Strunck mentioned above has taken great care of my animals when he was at Oberlin...

Old 05-19-2008, 01:00 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,692,521 times
We use Veterinary Express mobile vet. Dr. Rodgers is very nice and he comes to your house! Prices are very reasonable too. Veterinary Express - Your House Call Pet Care Clinic

Old 05-19-2008, 07:04 PM

108 posts, read 397,235 times
I can't say enough about Bowman. We rescued a puppy from a local rescue organization and cared for him and spent $2500 to try to keep him alive, but he wound up having distemper and had to be put down after having him for only two weeks. When the disease began attacking his brain, we had a severely difficult time trying to decide whether or not to continue treatment or put him down. The staff at Bowman sat by our side for hours talking to us and examining and bringing in other vets for more opinions, researching online, everything they could do to help us.

They are on the more expensive side, but our pets are our children and I always say, you get what you pay for.

We see Dr. Allie who is certified in both East and West medicine, so there are no issues with not being able to balance the two schools of medicine. She has given us a lot of hope and ideas for what to do for our big boy cat (who has HCM in the advanced stages). We had been told by previous vets that she would only live to be 4, with vitamin supplements, homeopathic remedies, and experimenting with diet, we have hope he will live to be at least 10.

Can't say enough about them, they're worth the money!

Old 05-19-2008, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIMBERRRR View Post
I can't say enough about Bowman. We rescued a puppy from a local rescue organization and cared for him and spent $2500 to try to keep him alive, but he wound up having distemper and had to be put down after having him for only two weeks. When the disease began attacking his brain, we had a severely difficult time trying to decide whether or not to continue treatment or put him down. The staff at Bowman sat by our side for hours talking to us and examining and bringing in other vets for more opinions, researching online, everything they could do to help us.

I'd sit by your side ,talk to you, and research online for $2500 also!!!

Old 05-19-2008, 08:54 PM

80 posts, read 343,069 times
All Creatures in Rolesville has always been very fair with us and provided excellent service.

Old 05-19-2008, 09:18 PM

108 posts, read 397,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
I'd sit by your side ,talk to you, and research online for $2500 also!!!
Actually, we started out at a different vet office and spent the bulk of the 2K there, then switched to Bowman hoping there was something Eastern medicine could do for our puppy that Western medicine couldn't. They sat with us for several hours to get paid around $300 (emergency bill, euthanasia charges, and cremation).

Whether you intended it to or not, your sarcastic remark makes you sound like the type of pet owner who does not take their responsibility to their pet as seriously and as compassionately as I do.

If you were serious, my only response would be that next time you have an issue with a pet, I'm sure you could take it down to the pound and they'd put it to sleep for you for 50 bucks, or better yet, drown it, that would be free.

But, for the sake of any pets you may own, I'm hoping that I misunderstood the intention of your remark.

Old 05-19-2008, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIMBERRRR View Post
Actually, we started out at a different vet office and spent the bulk of the 2K there, then switched to Bowman hoping there was something Eastern medicine could do for our puppy that Western medicine couldn't. They sat with us for several hours to get paid around $300 (emergency bill, euthanasia charges, and cremation).

Whether you intended it to or not, your sarcastic remark makes you sound like the type of pet owner who does not take their responsibility to their pet as seriously and as compassionately as I do.

If you were serious, my only response would be that next time you have an issue with a pet, I'm sure you could take it down to the pound and they'd put it to sleep for you for 50 bucks, or better yet, drown it, that would be free.

But, for the sake of any pets you may own, I'm hoping that I misunderstood the intention of your remark.
Relax! Take a deep breath!! Repeat "I am over reacting" 3 times
ps .... just spent 2 K for surgery on a dog we adopted from pound

Old 05-19-2008, 09:27 PM

I was trying to be funny but that was insensitive because I am sure you were very attached to your puppy... Sorry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary