Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 09:21 PM

19 posts, read 71,502 times

Advertisements

I can see why some would be turned off by some of the colors, but I think the neighborhood and floorplans counter some folks tastes in color.
As to the tight yards, there are a few lots that a little larger than others, we got a lot that is 1/3 acre, which I admit is above average there, but there were others that have nice sized side yards.
When I heard about the bungalows I thought that those were definitely targeted for retirees, but I'm betting with the size(some around 2700 sq ft.) they will get some folks that just want the ranch floor plan. I'm betting they get families in the cottage/village/boulevard homes and then their parents setup in a bungalow.....man I'd wish my parents would do that, but dad always likes having a large area to mow...I bet that changes we he gets to 60.
I curious to see how the streets with the bungalow homes look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Ummm, back to the original question...Kitts Creek.

I have taken quite a few clients there. Most were somewhat surprised by the Disneyland colors! Once in there, the colors kinda grow on ya! I did like most of the floorplans. What I really didn't like and what my clients didn't like was the lack of a backyard since the garage is back there. Also, if you do fence in your yard, you can fence up to your neighbor's house and you must allow him access to your fenced yard.

I asked about the yards being so "tight" and was told that the neighborhood was originally marketed to retirees who just didn't want a townhouse. Since so many families were buying, they have planned on adding another park. I guess you gotta take the kids and allow them to run around somewhere!

Vicki
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2007, 02:03 PM

1 posts, read 3,284 times
Vicki, I was recently out at Kitts Creek and only one section of the homes (the cottages) allow you to fence up to your neighbors home, giving your neighbor access to their property (kinda like a common use easement). The other homes have yards that they maintain and use on boths sides of the home. (Some lots do have good size backyards). Also, the information you have about the neighborhood originally being marketed as a retirement community is not correct. I have done a lot of research on this communuity and others near it. Just wanted to pass that along.

Old 01-03-2007, 02:12 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
I never said it was a retirement community. I said that the onsite sales person told me that this neighborhood was MARKETED to an older, retired crowd and thats why the lot sizes did not matter. However, as more families begun to buy, the developer decided to add parks. This was what I passed along...from the onsite sales associate. Its not usual that our lots are this small and I was explaining what I had been told. I hope this clarifys. Vicki

Old 01-03-2007, 02:15 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
And...for those of you that may not know this...Savannah was started by the SAME people that are now doing Kitts Creek. In case you like the style of the homes but prefer something with a bit more yard. And in case you do like Kitts Creek, you may want to look at Savannah, as well. Vicki

Old 01-08-2007, 10:22 PM

653 posts, read 2,986,218 times
Talking Go Gators!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdemona123 View Post
OH no....you have it all wrong.....

GO BUCKEYES!!

**smile**
Sorry - Gotta do it...

GO GATORS!!!

Old 01-09-2007, 07:50 PM

18 posts, read 58,263 times
Default Where is Kitts creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
I never said it was a retirement community. I said that the onsite sales person told me that this neighborhood was MARKETED to an older, retired crowd and thats why the lot sizes did not matter. However, as more families begun to buy, the developer decided to add parks. This was what I passed along...from the onsite sales associate. Its not usual that our lots are this small and I was explaining what I had been told. I hope this clarifys. Vicki
I cannot find this developement on any internet sites

Old 01-10-2007, 10:05 AM

653 posts, read 2,986,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanpat50 View Post
I cannot find this developement on any internet sites
It's kittscreek dotcom. You'll see artist's renderings and community info. If you want to see current available inventory, search the mls either at my website or another one under kitts creek.

Old 01-16-2007, 08:02 PM

1 posts, read 3,278 times
Default Kitts Creek

My fiance and I LOVE Kitts Creek. We moved down to Cary 6 months ago (we're currently renting) from DC and we both enjoy a bit more urban living. We really like how each house looks different and think it's cool that the paint colors are not standard. A lot of upgrades are included in their houses for the base price which we liked as well. It's in the perfect location if you work in RTP and it's close to the airport without being in the flightpath.

The only thing we didn't love was how close they are to each other and they're a little out of our price range... but still sound "cheap" to us after moving from DC.

We haven't found anything we like as much as Kitts Creek. The quality is very high and the floorplans have nice layouts, plus, we like how the community has sidewalks and promotes a "walkable" neighborhood.

Old 02-24-2007, 03:40 PM

3 posts, read 10,532 times
Default Kitts Creek

This reply is directed towards Vickie R and her comment that an onside sales rep. at Kitts Creek told her that the development was being marketed towards an older, retired crowd and that lot size did not matter. That is a major miststatement and needs to be corrected as there are 2 on site agents and I am one of them and my associate and I would never have said those words. This neighborhood is being marketed generically to anyone who loves the architecture style (which has historic roots), the location, the inlcuded features, the floorplans, the price, the quality, etc.etc.etc. Just thought you'd like to know from the source.

Old 04-08-2007, 10:40 AM

1 posts, read 3,203 times
I was one of the first buyers, during the pre-opening. We have one of the cottage plans in the back of the subdivision. It is the one they call "Carpenter Gothic".

I had been looking for a house in which to care for my elderly grandmother for months, and was giving up because of the difficulty of finding a handicapped accessible house, and one that didn't look like every other house on the market.

Seeing the downstairs bathroom, I immediately realized it wouldn't work for us as there was no room for a wheelchair near the toliet. However, as we were walking out, I commented on this to the realtor..and a man standing nearby asked what the problem was. I explained, and within a few minutes the builder and the owner were both standing there taking notes. We bought a few days later and they not only updated the doors, but they put in a garage ramp, tore out the existing bathroom and replaced it, and moved a window to make it all work - all within 30 days time. I still have no idea how they managed it all.

We have been extremely happy with the house, the service and the neighborhood since - and caring for my grandmother here has been much easier then in our old home. The neighbors are friendly, the area is quiet and in the summer time people really do use the "rocking chair porches". I reccomend it to anyone.

The only massive pain has been the huge arched window in the front. Finding appropriate coverings that don't look cheesy is almost impossible.

Oh, and I am 40. Not sure if this makes me part of the 'older' crowd, but I appreciate not having a huge yard to care for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary