Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 01:28 AM

10 posts, read 27,578 times

Advertisements

sngbrd...

I mostly shoot commercials. But I have completed two features and several music videos....

cjsmom2000

Feel free to email me at my user name here which is syberfilm.. @yahoo.com

Do it without the dots of course.. I had to give my address this way because the junkmail software that will send me a million emails if I do it correctly..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2006, 10:26 AM

Default links

Thank you for the links.... Lots of useful information in there for me.....

Old 06-11-2006, 07:36 PM

23 posts, read 76,301 times
Default Thanks for the Info!

Syberfilm,
Thanks for the info! I will share it with DH and he can follow up when he finishes he honeydo list for the weekend LOL! We're painting the house, inside and out, before hurricane season hits hard, so we can put it on the market. Gotta get out of FLA!

Old 06-23-2006, 07:13 AM

1 posts, read 2,641 times
Hey

I'm a local filmmaker in chapel hill---smalll micro budget films---there's lots of activity around here in the film world---durham has the best documentary film festival in the country, and you'll find a thriving community here---however NOT a thriving industry---so if you're wanting to make money making movies it's just next to impossible unless you're in wilmington---unless of course you're already established in the industry, then you can live anywhere and just fly in for the production---
link removed - advertising is not allowed on this forum is my company website--there are certainly others around---good luck---you'll love living here---donald

Last edited by Yac; 06-23-2006 at 09:23 AM..

Old 06-29-2006, 10:11 AM

Default Almost moved in

Finally all of my stuff arrived.... So far this town is great.. Friendly people, traffic is no problem.. Although I noticed the commute to Ralliegh kind of sucks.. But going from Chapel Hill to Durham or Apex so far has been a breeze..

Other then the two days of bad rain we had.. The weather has been beautiful.. I love waking up to a house surrounded by trees..

I saw some Deer walking in the back yeard, lots of tree frogs hanging out by the pool. Some really pretty cobalt blue lizards.. Lots of Anoles.. Or chamellions as they are sometimes called..

If you like the country life but need to be close to the city.. The Chapel hill section by Jordan Lake can not be beat...

I did notice Real Estate is really going up in this area.. But ou can still find good deals...

Any other film people want to hook up.. send me an email...

Thanks for all of the helpful information...

Old 07-04-2006, 06:00 AM

1 posts, read 2,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberfilm
I found the house on the internet and put an ofer on it. My wife flew down and said it was just like Los Gatos... So we bought it.. It is 4444 sq ft. 18 foot high celings. Pool, jacuzi on almost 6 acres... Massive rooms and a beutigful area... I am currently in Lodi California. If you have any questions let me know...

We looked at teh Cary area abecaue everyone said taht was the place to move. But with all of the construction and small lots we decided against it. I like my privacy. The homes in Cary are nice. But the ones with large lots were all sold. So I found this gem in Chapel Hill.....

Our Real Estate agent can't believe the deal we got. Most houses in our neighborhood go for over 1.2 million.. One as high as 2.7 mil.. But he has 30 acres..

So if you are moving to Chapel Hill let me know. I would love to hear from the Cali transplants moving there.
We are looking to move from Florida. I am a registered nurse. What would be a god hospital? I hear the schols Carrboro City Schools are good. We are also loking for a house. Any insight if we shold look for a realtor. A ny recommendations? We would not want many acres.

Old 07-04-2006, 12:48 PM

1,865 posts, read 5,376,082 times
Default film/ commercial industry in NC

To Syberfilm & anyone else in the know in NC,

I'm interested in finding an agent for my 14 yr old son. He has done some work here in NY (commercials, voice-over, educational films). While I don't think he wants to make it his life's career (but hey, ya' never know!), he enjoys doing it! It's also the one thing HE asked about when we decided to move to NC, would he still be able to be involved in acting.

Any help or info would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

THANKS!!

Rosann

Old 07-05-2006, 06:32 AM

958 posts, read 2,620,500 times
Wilmington is probably still the hotbed of filming in NC, if you can call it that. Back in the 80s and early to mid 90s there was a lot of activity there. My ex-wife found a lot of work as a production assistant and featured extra in a number of films, and worked with the "Fincannon & Associates" casting agency. I just did a quick googling of that company and they are still in business. They were very reputable and treated her well, and would assume they still do business the same way. The number of productions in Wilmington has lessened greatly, so keep that in mind. You may want to look them up yourself and give them a call.

Old 07-15-2006, 10:31 PM

Default Suntronics Reply

Suntronics,
Ther are lots of hospitals around here. i don't know any of the names. But my friend is an MD and he is going to move over here as well. He found a nice house with a private lake for 749k... I know people say that is alot around here but we are from LA and the bay area. So these are great prices to us. My cousin found a house with .25 acres and it was built in 2005 for under 200k in Apex. That area is very nice. plus for now some very affordable homes. They have some that are in the millions, but most can be found for under 250.. I have seen some for 129k but they were very nice older homes built in the 80's...

Old 07-15-2006, 10:32 PM

Default ByRoxie Response

As far as agents go, I don't think I would be much help. I mainly deal with the production end of filmmaking.

Sorry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary