Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which City is MOST desirable?
Cary 14 82.35%
Morrisville 3 17.65%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 08:08 AM

6 posts, read 12,378 times

Advertisements

I currently live in Cleveland, OH and am planning on relocating to the Cary/Morrisville area in the Spring after I graduate (2009).
I noticed Cary was ranked in one of the top cities to live in in 2006. How are the schools there? People? I am a SINGLE PARENT and of course, am looking for an area that would benefit both me & my daughter. i.e. GREAT schools; Community Programs; Good looking SINGLE men... hehe. I have only been through Raleigh-Durham once and have friends that lives in the area. Unfortunately, no one knows the city like a resident. My daughter and I plan to rent for a year before purchasing. We'd hate to make a costly mistake when it comes to these kinds of things. Any info an insider can share? Where's the most affordable places to rent? Which school districts are hot?
THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 11:42 AM

2,135 posts, read 7,654,067 times
I'm going to say Cary because it's about four times the size of Morrisville. As far as schools it does not matter because they are county run: WCPSS: Getting Started

I rented in Morrisville and was a stone's throw from Cary (NC 54 & Cary Parkway). Then I bought a house in Cary. My daughter goes to Morrisville Elementary. Personally, the only part of Morrisville I cared for was near her school. It's an established area with trees and close to shopping in Cary. There are quite a few apartment complexes right off Morrisville Parkway. Huntington and Preston are lovely neighborhoods. Probably the biggest appeal of Morrisville is it's proximity to RTP and RDU airport. The newer developments closer to RTP are fairly barren. It was farmland before it was developed. Even though Morrisville is small it has a nice parks & rec program. It also has a nice aquatic center on Morrisville Parkway. But the town is only about ten square miles. I think Cary has more to offer due to the fact it's so much larger and developed.

Old 05-19-2008, 04:08 PM

2,407 posts, read 10,676,988 times
Morrisville and Cary have really become the same in terms of look/feel. Preston has houses in both Morrisville and Cary; aside from the garbage schedule, you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference. I love the Morrisville area and smaller town feel; there's usually activities at the Morrisville Community Park and the Aquatics and Fitness Center are really superb!

Old 05-20-2008, 02:04 PM

6 posts, read 12,378 times
Question Thanks!

Thanks guys... That's exactly the type of information I was looking for. I DO like the small town feel. Coming from Cleveland I've had about enough of the big city living. I've been looking at apts within my budget within 5 miles of Morrisville/Cary. Does anyone have any information on the Huntington Athletic Club Apartments? Safe? Nice?

Old 05-20-2008, 08:20 PM

12 posts, read 60,161 times
Also, when looking at both, if you are considering value for resale, the Cary address will fetch more in the long run, at least at this time. I live in a neighborhood that was part of Apex, and then it was annexed by Cary, and just from the change of address and addition of a new zip code, the property value changed dramatically for the better. Moderator cut: no soliciting permitted

Last edited by autumngal; 05-20-2008 at 08:53 PM..

Old 05-20-2008, 09:22 PM

2,407 posts, read 10,676,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConfusedInCleveland View Post
Thanks guys... That's exactly the type of information I was looking for. I DO like the small town feel. Coming from Cleveland I've had about enough of the big city living. I've been looking at apts within my budget within 5 miles of Morrisville/Cary. Does anyone have any information on the Huntington Athletic Club Apartments? Safe? Nice?
I've known friends and coworkers who have lived there--the apartments are very pet friendly, and there's a beautiful pond in the middle of the community. They are within walking distance to the park, which, as I mentioned earlier, has community events periodically. Pretty convenient to grocery, pharmacy, and restaurants as well.

Old 05-20-2008, 10:50 PM

32 posts, read 92,304 times
Morrissville is in the jet path from the airport, can be noisy close to airport.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary