Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2022, 04:43 PM

2,584 posts, read 1,873,011 times

Advertisements

I just saw something on my FB feed today of someone who just died from trying to get over it that way, but it's FB and not the most reliable source.

Meanwhile, an update - got results back from Radeas in <24 hours this week, I still recommend them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2022, 09:17 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,276,961 times
Posted this in the covid thread, but thought it was relevant here as well since we were discussing hospitalizations.

Massachusetts is now tracking primary versus incidental Covid hospitalizations. Better late than never I guess? Still much further than NC is.

Not surprisingly, about half are incidental. Seems crazy that we've been given misleading data for nearly two years:

Old 01-21-2022, 07:50 AM

3,649 posts, read 4,503,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
Everyone is getting Covid and I mean everyone. Ready or not, like it or not, you’re gonna get Covid. Personally I wouldn’t even waste my day going and being tested. During this time period to come down with some kind of strange cold like sickness, 7-1 odds are it’s Covid. All this testing hysteria is madness. Get Covid, get over it, And get on with your life. This latest variant is everywhere and you’re Honestly probably wasting your time trying to avoid it.
Yeah it's really going around fr right now. my wife and I both had it last week. Kinda sucked for a few days but we're back to normal now.

That being said though, I still can't taste....

Old 01-21-2022, 07:59 AM

That's interesting, as the majority of people I know who have had a recent bout of it, and most of them vaxxed, said they didn't loose taste or smell (unlike we did with a much earlier case of it). But they did have it pretty heavy for about 3 weeks.

Old 01-21-2022, 08:07 AM

6,656 posts, read 5,593,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repatriot View Post
That's interesting, as the majority of people I know who have had a recent bout of it, and most of them vaxxed, said they didn't loose taste or smell (unlike we did with a much earlier case of it). But they did have it pretty heavy for about 3 weeks.
Delta is probably still going around even though the vast majority of cases are omicron

Old 01-21-2022, 08:14 AM

3,731 posts, read 2,059,578 times
Quote:
30% of my offshore team is out with it right now. Two peeps on shore are out with it, one who had a Delta infection 3 months ago and is triple vaxxed. He lost sense of taste as well and was confirmed to be the 'Cron.

Old 01-21-2022, 08:16 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,276,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
Delta is probably still going around even though the vast majority of cases are omicron
If that's the case then it's borderline murder that the government halted shipments of the monoclonal antibodies that work on delta.

Old 01-21-2022, 08:17 AM

3,649 posts, read 4,503,397 times
Quote:
My wife never lost her sense of taste or smell either. We're both vaxxed...I am just apparently very unlucky. I really love cooking and food, so this is cruel right now. I am just praying it isn't permanent.

The most disturbing part of this lack of smell/taste for me happened last weekend. My wife and I spent the day cleaning, since we were sick in bed for pretty much the entire week before...and I sprayed the stove with some cleaner, wiped everything up, but apparently missed a spot on the actual burner because when I turned it on to cook that night, my wife came running in the kitchen wondering wtf was going on and i was like ??? Nothing? what's up? Apparently the cleaner was burning off the burner and was causing a terrible smell in the house....but I smelled absolutely nothing. I had no idea what she was talking about. It started making her feel nauseous. That disturbed me quite a bit...i smelled absolutely nothing, man.

Old 01-21-2022, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
My wife never lost her sense of taste or smell either. We're both vaxxed...I am just apparently very unlucky. I really love cooking and food, so this is cruel right now. I am just praying it isn't permanent.

The most disturbing part of this lack of smell/taste for me happened last weekend. My wife and I spent the day cleaning, since we were sick in bed for pretty much the entire week before...and I sprayed the stove with some cleaner, wiped everything up, but apparently missed a spot on the actual burner because when I turned it on to cook that night, my wife came running in the kitchen wondering wtf was going on and i was like ??? Nothing? what's up? Apparently the cleaner was burning off the burner and was causing a terrible smell in the house....but I smelled absolutely nothing. I had no idea what she was talking about. It started making her feel nauseous. That disturbed me quite a bit...i smelled absolutely nothing, man.
That is pretty scary, smell is probably an underrated sense but a lifesaver.

If it's any consolation, we regained our sense of smell and taste about 3-4 weeks after we lost it. But it came back gradually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVoR View Post
30% of my offshore team is out with it right now. Two peeps on shore are out with it, one who had a Delta infection 3 months ago and is triple vaxxed. He lost sense of taste as well and was confirmed to be the 'Cron.
^^This - this is even more scary.

Been avoiding people but I have a meeting with a small group of people I have yet to meet at a friend's place I've never been before this weekend, I would be lying if I didn't say I am concerned.

FWIW I believe the variant I/we had was pre-Delta.

Old 01-21-2022, 08:42 PM

2,047 posts, read 857,616 times
One thing I can advise is if you catch Covid, avoid drinking until you’re totally over it. Had a friend who was about a week in, major symptoms like fever etc gone…decided to go tie one o with a binger. It came roaring back on him after that night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
View detailed profiles of: