Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2022, 09:19 AM

3,731 posts, read 2,065,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
Oh I thought he dropped out of that race but pretty close to election day.
Entirely possible. I was simply going by what was on Ballotpedia (results wise)

Old 01-24-2022, 09:46 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,295,426 times
Yeah he got murdered by Mahaffey. That was all pre-covid, and depending on how the districts get re-drawn he may run against someone different this year.

It's a safe bet there will be more people voting for school board than ever before in November, or at least for a long time.

Old 01-24-2022, 10:34 AM

22,692 posts, read 36,875,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
Yeah he got murdered by Mahaffey. That was all pre-covid, and depending on how the districts get re-drawn he may run against someone different this year.

It's a safe bet there will be more people voting for school board than ever before in November, or at least for a long time.
Unless i have the wrong Bergstrom, he lives in Fuquay and I'm not sure how he ended up running against Mahaffey in the first place.

He ran in the 2020 election, during Covid, but it was just weeks after election day that people were screaming on social media about ousting the board because they continued to vote for remote learning. These people gave no effs till their kids went remote, and didn't even realize the BOE is part of the election process. It's really just a lil annoying.

Old 01-24-2022, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
Unless i have the wrong Bergstrom, he lives in Fuquay and I'm not sure how he ended up running against Mahaffey in the first place.

He ran in the 2020 election, during Covid, but it was just weeks after election day that people were screaming on social media about ousting the board because they continued to vote for remote learning. These people gave no effs till their kids went remote, and didn't even realize the BOE is part of the election process. It's really just a lil annoying.
I think part of Fuquay is in district 8. Either that or Bergstrom just has a Fuquay postal address.

Old 01-24-2022, 11:10 AM

Two questions for clarification.

1. Pre COVID is 2019. 2020 (when he ran) was post COVID (world shut down March 2020). Right? I have lost complete track of days in the last two years, but I'm pretty sure the last "Non COVID impacted" election would have been November 2019. He ran in November 2020 and got beat like he owed someone money.
2. I’m not following the nuance on address. Did he not live in the district he ran for?

Old 01-24-2022, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVoR View Post
Two questions for clarification.

1. Pre COVID is 2019. 2020 (when he ran) was post COVID (world shut down March 2020)
2. I’m not following the nuance on address. Did he not live in the district he ran for?
Sorry - covid had been around for 7 months.

He lived/lives in the district he ran for.

Old 01-24-2022, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Sorry - covid had been around for 7 months.

He lived/lives in the district he ran for.
Cool. I had a moment of "durrrr what day is it!" and thought I had slept through a non COVID year hahahahahaha

Old 01-24-2022, 11:19 AM

Quote:

Agreed and this dovetails to what I had been saying big picture during our back and forth. I mean the news out of Florida and Georgia the last two weeks has been sorta amazing (ignoring the Lincoln Frederick Douglass thing in VA).

Florida just squashed a teacher conference apparently talking about Civil Rights (because CRT) and a parent in GA just posted a school assignment their kid had to do for school where they had to describe how they would have provided justification for the Trail of Tears.

I don't mean to rekindle the back and forth, and I know Politics is verboten, but School Boards will/are going to be ground zero for political maneuvering across the country. No surprise it would be here too.

Old 01-24-2022, 02:45 PM

805 posts, read 526,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVoR View Post
Agreed and this dovetails to what I had been saying big picture during our back and forth. I mean the news out of Florida and Georgia the last two weeks has been sorta amazing (ignoring the Lincoln Frederick Douglass thing in VA).

Florida just squashed a teacher conference apparently talking about Civil Rights (because CRT) and a parent in GA just posted a school assignment their kid had to do for school where they had to describe how they would have provided justification for the Trail of Tears.

I don't mean to rekindle the back and forth, and I know Politics is verboten, but School Boards will/are going to be ground zero for political maneuvering across the country. No surprise it would be here too.
Yikes.

From what I recall, Bergstrom was a controversial candidate in 2020. Local controversy regarding Facebook posts/comments, I mean. Screenshots live forever.

Old 01-24-2022, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickandiron View Post
Yikes.

From what I recall, Bergstrom was a controversial candidate in 2020. Local controversy regarding Facebook posts/comments, I mean. Screenshots live forever.
Right?!?!?!

The internet is like Pepperidge Farms....it remembers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary