Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2022, 10:56 AM

1,326 posts, read 723,837 times

Advertisements

Are we talking about the slides used in the anti racist/bias teacher training or some slides used in classrooms?

Old 02-01-2022, 11:11 AM

3,731 posts, read 2,056,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITB_OG View Post
Are we talking about the slides used in the anti racist/bias teacher training or some slides used in classrooms?
I hope we aren't talking about that.

That's literally HR training videos in most companies over 100 people (actually watched an hour video this morning as my last onboarding training at my new job covering that very topic; personal bias').

Old 02-01-2022, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVoR View Post
I hope we aren't talking about that.

That's literally HR training videos in most companies over 100 people (actually watched an hour video this morning as my last onboarding training at my new job covering that very topic; personal bias').
No I mean the teacher training about the issue...like as it relates to education. I think it may have been referenced earlier here??? But maybe not. Some people chose to frame it as "CRT" training, but I don't believe the district ever used that term, but I could be wrong.

Old 02-01-2022, 11:26 AM

Quote:
No I mean the teacher training about the issue...like as it relates to education. I think it may have been referenced earlier here??? But maybe not. Some people chose to frame it as "CRT" training, but I don't believe the district ever used that term, but I could be wrong.
Right, so it was presumably "Teachers/Admins" with a training deck for teachers on spotting personal bias' in their teaching approach with students..... ala the college prof up at UPenn that basically outright admitted to factoring race into how she graded law students?

Waiting for confirmation, but if that is what is being discussed now...oy vey.

Old 02-01-2022, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Is this what you're talking about?

https://nsjonline.com/article/2021/0...ias-education/ (and yes I am aware of the bias of that publication)

JHC, Chris Rufo did succeed.

Old 02-01-2022, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Is this what you're talking about?

https://nsjonline.com/article/2021/0...ias-education/ (and yes I am aware of the bias of that publication)

JHC, Chris Rufo did succeed.
Yup! It doesn't look out of the ordinary to me given what i've seen from other districts, but it sounds like it got people screaming CRT.

Old 02-01-2022, 06:48 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,339,155 times
For those who did not watch the WCPSS board meeting tonight, Becky Lew Hobbs appeared 2x. She was the first to make a public comment and then decided she needed to stand in solidarity with the Mom's For Liberty, I do not co-parent with the government speaker. I think it is safe to say she had an agenda when this all started.

Old 02-01-2022, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal_M View Post
For those who did not watch the WCPSS board meeting tonight, Becky Lew Hobbs appeared 2x. She was the first to make a public comment and then decided she needed to stand in solidarity with the Mom's For Liberty, I do not co-parent with the government speaker. I think it is safe to say she had an agenda when this all started.
That’s the group behind all the book stuff going on in TX right now. A school board member down there has released some of their complaints (many of which are districts where the complainee (word?) doesn’t even have kids in the district.) Some of them are quite funny to read

I see you Becks

Old 02-01-2022, 07:03 PM

805 posts, read 524,129 times
Quote:
That’s the group behind all the book stuff going on in TX right now. A school board member down there has released some of their complaints (many of which are districts where the complainee (word?) doesn’t even have kids in the district.) Some of them are quite funny to read

I see you Becks
The irony of Moms for Liberty banning books.

Old 02-01-2022, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickandiron View Post
The irony of Moms for Liberty banning books.
Apparently they have put in 75 complaints (against specific books) in 100 different districts down in TX in the last four months.

In the same time period last year, there was one.

As I said since I jumped into this thread, this is a National, coordinated effort which got lucky the board played hard and fast with the rules here.

To take your irony even further, the proposal in Katy (I believe) is to replace four books with the Bible. Please, tell me more about Liberty
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary