Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2022, 07:10 AM

2,844 posts, read 2,982,655 times

Advertisements

my mother in law lived in roxboro until very recently HONESTLY Durham city is so sprawling by the time you leave the city outskirts you're only 20 minutes away from roxboro.

In the post pandemic working in rtp a few days a week its quite workable to get to Durham chapel hill and RTP offices.

About an hour
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2022, 07:10 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,556,839 times
If you drive out to Franklinton now, you'll see how many houses they are building. I know someone that recently purchased a new build and is moving in may out there. Their downtown is ripe for development.

All it takes is time around here. With many companies switching to remote work exclusively, there no need to even live close to the Triangle. Might as well find a new development with a bigger yard for less money. The development is coming to those places mentioned.

3 years from now these small towns will look completely different.

Old 01-28-2022, 07:12 AM

I think we are poised for infill and upfill and outlying towns are positioned to take a beating IMO in the post covid reality especially if youre counting on living far out and communiting.

Raleigh has grown a lot obviously but the other metros have grown too I don't think we've 'overtaken' any notionally larger cities people would move too.

No one is saying Raleigh is bigger than Richmond say

Old 01-28-2022, 07:14 AM

I would rather just go a little a farther and be in greensboro with real city stuff instead of a far flung raleigh bedroom community.

I'm from eastern north carolina besides being closer to the beach I mean "the shore" the geography and topography is way less interesting than the western piedmont.

and yeah eastern wake is the coastal plain

Old 01-28-2022, 07:16 AM

3,307 posts, read 8,568,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
First Wake County land needs to become way more scarce and expensive. Then the same needs to happen to Durham County, Orange County, Johnston County, etc.......
Bingo!

When have you ever heard of a municipality transform its shopping, amenities, jobs, parks, cultural offerings and then start to grow? Wake and Durham will have to continue getting prohibitively expensive and then people will slowly trickle into these towns closer and then further from Raleigh, Durham. and RTP to the north.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary