Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2022, 02:36 PM

18,484 posts, read 15,933,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITB_OG View Post
If you haven't already, you could try taking returns to Whole Foods if you happen to be close to one. I've found it's the easiest way to do returns, and there's no worries about anything getting lost since you get a drop off confirmation email right away and refund shortly after.
Or UPS store dropoff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2022, 02:38 PM

2,221 posts, read 2,960,194 times
We have been ordering quite a bit from them and have been getting deliveries within 1-3 days.. However when I order things to be shipped to my daughter in Charlotte it is always pushed out a few more days (more like 5 days).

I am upset with them for another reason though. They used to offer free delivery on Whole Foods orders but stopped that a few months back. Now it is $10-$15 per order for delivery plus a tip for the driver. That made me almost want to cancel my Prime membership.

Old 01-24-2022, 03:09 PM

14 posts, read 10,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Loud View Post
90% of items I order are next day or two day. It was 100% up until the last 6 months. It's not really because of some sort of Amazon underhandedness... It is specifically the supply chain issue and staffing problems. If they could get it to you in 5 minutes they would to keep crushing the competition. It is external sources. This honestly is not hard to understand.

No that is NOT hard to understand, but it also may NOT be what is happening. Again, (1) right now, the delivery system is far less constrained than it was during lockdown. so their performance is inverse to the state of contextual environment which has improved considerably since lockdowns (2) they have expanded their employment considerably since lockdowns --and things were still 2 day then (3) i canceled the order on AMZ and walmart has already delivered 2 of the items with the rest coming tomorrow and more Wednesday. ALL earlier than amazons thursday estimate (and ordered a day after the initial amazon purchase). (4) most other retailers only have access to 3rd party shippers like fedex and UPS and can make the 2 or 3 day commitment -- so its not fedex or ups. On top of these suppliers, amazon has their own fleet of vehicles handling local deliveries. (5) some markets are still getting 1 and 2 day delivery.

I suspect that smaller metros are not as economically viable for the 2 day model and they are scaling back. I'm a capitalist. if true, fine by me, they just dont need to be sly scumbags about it.

Old 01-24-2022, 03:17 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,645,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Or UPS store dropoff.
That's what I used. UPS sent it, it was never logged when received - I noted in my post that I had UPS proof of delivery.

Old 01-24-2022, 03:37 PM

1,343 posts, read 737,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Or UPS store dropoff.
I suggested Whole Foods because it's part of Amazon. The drop off confirmation is from Amazon and you get refunds almost right away, maybe a few hours. Plus you don't have to repackage or print anything. Just bring the item and show the QR code.

Old 01-24-2022, 04:24 PM

3,454 posts, read 2,847,599 times
I actually think my delivery has improved since I moved here (Franklin County on the Wake County line) 3 years ago. I get next day delivery quite often, most of the time I get 2 day delivery. Once in a while my package isn't delivered as expected and comes the next day. Every single delivery I get, when we are home, is delivered by a friendly, happy, hard working driver. I lived in a way more rural area previously and had issue after issue after issue with FedEx. If they didn't want to deliver, they'd just put that our business was closed. It's not a business, it's my house and the packages were not addressed to a business.

Old 01-24-2022, 04:44 PM

4,191 posts, read 4,920,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITB_OG View Post
I suggested Whole Foods because it's part of Amazon. The drop off confirmation is from Amazon and you get refunds almost right away, maybe a few hours. Plus you don't have to repackage or print anything. Just bring the item and show the QR code.
Dropping return items off at Kohl's works the exact same way, so nothing special about Whole Foods. I've learned to be more careful about buying things through Amazon that are not shipped by Amazon because then you have to ship returns back to the supplier and can't use the Amazon drop-off return process for those items.

Old 01-24-2022, 05:55 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,645,416 times
I have used Kohl's in the past (I don't think it gave me that option this time) but forgot about Whole Foods. I will use Whole Foods when I can AND buy my favorite canned tomatoes at the same time

Old 01-24-2022, 07:45 PM

2,584 posts, read 1,883,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NM posts View Post
I have used Kohl's in the past (I don't think it gave me that option this time) but forgot about Whole Foods. I will use Whole Foods when I can AND buy my favorite canned tomatoes at the same time
Plus Kohls gives an in-store discount when you return an item there.

I've watched enough on Prime to justify the annual fee. Lots of good documentaries plus some series.

Old 01-24-2022, 08:32 PM

2,918 posts, read 1,373,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don.draper View Post
Curious what everyone else's experience is and if anyone has any deeper knowledge on amazons subterfuge here.
We're seeing the same here in the Puget Sound region. I live only 10-20 miles from three different fulfillment centers and only 60 miles from Amazon Corporate, yet I often have to wait several days, or even a couple of weeks , for Prime items.

Why?

Well, the supply chain issue of course, but I think the Omicron variant is the big reason. Cases are way up, meaning lots of people are taking time off work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Gotta agree.

We do have prime, but I rarely select the 2 day shipping. Unless I REALLY need something quickly, I'll take a slightly longer delivery time and get the credits for any digital purchase.

Even if there are no credits offered, I'll forgo the 2 day delivery. Less boxes and less stress on the logistics/delivery system. Altruistic? Yeah. I think it's like recycling at home; it really doesn't have any impact on the big picture, but it makes me feel like I'm 'contributing'.
Same here.

Jeff Bezos is hard on his employees. Why make things worse for them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary