Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2022, 11:42 AM

66 posts, read 49,618 times

Advertisements

I know in the past AMZN has changed their delivery times due to weather. That may be the case with the latest as I'm sure weather caused them some slowdowns and most likely backlogs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2022, 11:51 AM

1,029 posts, read 1,927,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
.... and you might get it early. I've had several show up early this week, I think they hedged the snow.

It is bait and switch. I renewed in September. Paid $119.

I'm going to cancel, which means I will also be canceling amazon photos and amazon music. I've been looking for a reason to divorce Alexa.

Old 01-25-2022, 11:58 AM

18,219 posts, read 15,766,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITB_OG View Post
When I made a return at Whole Foods, I got a drop off confirmation email and an email stating "We've issued your refund for the item below. Your return is now complete."
Took the same "up to 3 days" for a cc refund when I returned an item to whole foods.

Old 01-25-2022, 12:35 PM

14 posts, read 10,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
Hmm a little further up you said you don't know about the logistics of a multi-billion dollar company.

But here, proceed to talk about what they're doing wrong.

Seems like a long winded way to say you don't like Amazon. You've already established you think they're controlling you somehow, so cancel your Prime membership and be done with it.

There is nothing that Amazon provides that cannot be obtained elsewhere.

Edited to add, I'm not sticking up for Amazon here, I'm just not understanding why you choose to stick with them despite all they're doing wrong. Surely they are doing something right otherwise you'd cancel Prime and get your refund of unused benefits.

Everything you quoted from me is an observation, not an accusation of wrong doing. I have made no claim beyond the fact that the very simplistic (and 'easy to understand') explanation provided by you MAY not be true as these observations are in disagreement with the theory.

...I just realized this 3 days ago lol. I might cancel? will see how much value we get out of amazon video. I guess you could say i have 'stuck with them' because I don't make impulsive service cancellations based on ill-informed 3 day old intel.

and my distaste for them is ethical in nature, having nothing to do with their prime service (which is why its not relevant as I initially alluded to). Their 'control' over me was actually a testament to the incredible success of their delivery efficiency, which has fundamentally altered my expectations as a consumer.

Last edited by don.draper; 01-25-2022 at 12:45 PM..

Old 01-25-2022, 01:20 PM

66 posts, read 49,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
Dropping return items off at Kohl's works the exact same way, so nothing special about Whole Foods. I've learned to be more careful about buying things through Amazon that are not shipped by Amazon because then you have to ship returns back to the supplier and can't use the Amazon drop-off return process for those items.
I disagree. Whole Foods, you return right inside the front door. Kohls you have to trek all the way to the back of the store.

Old 01-25-2022, 05:54 PM

9,781 posts, read 15,815,772 times
For those who do not know, if you have a college student or even a high school student taking a dual enrollment class at a community college, you can get Amazon Prime for half price. We pay $6.49 per month instead of $12.99 per month. I believe the first 6 months are free, too. You just need a college email address, I think.

Old 01-25-2022, 07:02 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,295,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michgc View Post
For those who do not know, if you have a college student or even a high school student taking a dual enrollment class at a community college, you can get Amazon Prime for half price. We pay $6.49 per month instead of $12.99 per month. I believe the first 6 months are free, too. You just need a college email address, I think.
Anyone who's ever taken a course at Wake Tech has a Wake Tech email. Does that work?

Old 01-25-2022, 07:59 PM

2,584 posts, read 1,876,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashonly View Post
I disagree. Whole Foods, you return right inside the front door. Kohls you have to trek all the way to the back of the store.
Sounds like something one of the characters in Wall-E might say.

Remember the discount. Not sure WF gives one.

Old 01-25-2022, 08:50 PM

4,182 posts, read 4,897,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashonly View Post
Not at the Kohl's on Falls of Neuse and Durant Road...the Amazon return desk is near the front of the store within visibility of the front register area unless they've relocated it to the back recently. I don't return very many things so it's not a huge problem for me.

Old 01-25-2022, 09:01 PM

4,182 posts, read 4,897,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don.draper View Post
Everything you quoted from me is an observation, not an accusation of wrong doing. I have made no claim beyond the fact that the very simplistic (and 'easy to understand') explanation provided by you MAY not be true as these observations are in disagreement with the theory.

...I just realized this 3 days ago lol. I might cancel? will see how much value we get out of amazon video. I guess you could say i have 'stuck with them' because I don't make impulsive service cancellations based on ill-informed 3 day old intel.

and my distaste for them is ethical in nature, having nothing to do with their prime service (which is why its not relevant as I initially alluded to). Their 'control' over me was actually a testament to the incredible success of their delivery efficiency, which has fundamentally altered my expectations as a consumer.
I've noticed since the new year started many of the shows I used to watch for free on Amazon Prime are now either rent or subscription based which is a bummer. Much of that is outside of Amazon's direct control due to various media licensing agreements but now I don't watch Prime video as much anymore which takes away some of the value of being a Prime member. I've always hated that you spend time finding a movie to watch only to fid out it's not free. I wish Amazon would segregate the free stuff from the pay to watch media just for simplicity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary