Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2022, 09:33 PM

6,662 posts, read 5,620,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
Anyone who's ever taken a course at Wake Tech has a Wake Tech email. Does that work?
I still use my @clemson.edu email and now companies have picked up on the fact that people may keep their college emails long after graduation so they now have a new verification tool (id.me I think) to verify directly with universities whether someone's email address is a valid student account.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2022, 07:43 AM

19,465 posts, read 27,980,465 times
I use the Amazon Chase credit card. With rare exceptions, My credits show up the same or next day that I return products. I typically use the nearest UPS store near my home and get a receipt. I used kohl's a few times when Amazon's online return system indicated that I had to box up an item for UPS, but could bring it to kohl's unboxed. Got receipt, Alexa alerts me my product has been returned and credit issued around 5pm that day.

I gotta add that when I return something to a brick and mortar store, I don't typically see those credits for at least 48 hours. Different credit card. So maybe it's the cc processing company that's has the delay.

Again, I don't see delivery delays because I don't usually use the 2 day delivery benefit of our prime membership.

My biggest gripe with Amazon is the sizing on clothes. Same t-shirt, same seller, same manufacturer, same size, same order, different colors. One color fits as described and expected; the other color is 2-3 sizes smaller.

Old 01-26-2022, 08:21 AM

11,242 posts, read 8,350,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
Not at the Kohl's on Falls of Neuse and Durant Road...the Amazon return desk is near the front of the store within visibility of the front register area unless they've relocated it to the back recently. I don't return very many things so it's not a huge problem for me.
Same at Cary near Crossroads (next to BJs).

I wasn't even going to post this, as I think the Amazon haters have already made up their mind, but after reading your post, it may be helpful for others?

I do my returns at the UPS Store. Typically less than 90-seconds. Two tips though:
  • Print out your return slip, even though they say you don't have to
  • Get a return reciept, "just in case" your stuff gets lost in transit.

Old 01-26-2022, 08:26 AM

4,190 posts, read 4,911,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
I use the Amazon Chase credit card. With rare exceptions, My credits show up the same or next day that I return products. I typically use the nearest UPS store near my home and get a receipt. I used kohl's a few times when Amazon's online return system indicated that I had to box up an item for UPS, but could bring it to kohl's unboxed. Got receipt, Alexa alerts me my product has been returned and credit issued around 5pm that day.

I gotta add that when I return something to a brick and mortar store, I don't typically see those credits for at least 48 hours. Different credit card. So maybe it's the cc processing company that's has the delay.

Again, I don't see delivery delays because I don't usually use the 2 day delivery benefit of our prime membership.

My biggest gripe with Amazon is the sizing on clothes. Same t-shirt, same seller, same manufacturer, same size, same order, different colors. One color fits as described and expected; the other color is 2-3 sizes smaller.
Even though the t-shirts are the same manufacturer, they may come from different factories or even possibly made by sub-contractors. I buy on the larger size side to account for this and any shrinkage after washing since I don't like tight fitting shirts.

Old 01-26-2022, 09:13 AM

16,443 posts, read 12,611,323 times
Quote:
That's not an Amazon-specific problem. That happens with a lot of manufacturers, particularly those producing low-cost items. The machines that cut the fabric basically take a large stack of fabric and use huge blades that come down vertically through the whole stack of fabric. If the fabric stack shifts, it can cause the fabric at the top to be a slightly different size than the fabric at the bottom.

Old 01-26-2022, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
That's not an Amazon-specific problem. That happens with a lot of manufacturers, particularly those producing low-cost items. The machines that cut the fabric basically take a large stack of fabric and use huge blades that come down vertically through the whole stack of fabric. If the fabric stack shifts, it can cause the fabric at the top to be a slightly different size than the fabric at the bottom.

of course - I know that. But if I'm at a brick and mortar, I can try the clothes on. The differences in sizes of these particular t-shirts is so drastic that I would have been able to see it before I even bothered. And I've not had this problem so often with other online sellers.

Does it stop me from buying stuff on Amazon? Nope. I just make more trips to UPS than I would like.

Old 02-03-2022, 05:00 PM

2,584 posts, read 1,880,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repatriot View Post
Plus Kohls gives an in-store discount when you return an item there.

I've watched enough on Prime to justify the annual fee. Lots of good documentaries plus some series.
Having said this, not too impressed with the price hike to $139

Old 02-03-2022, 05:22 PM

6,662 posts, read 5,620,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repatriot View Post
Having said this, not too impressed with the price hike to $139
I remember when Amazon Prime was $79

Old 02-03-2022, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
I remember when Amazon Prime was $79
Me too. But I also remember 1972 when we waited on line for 3+ hours to get gasoline. AND it was like 50 cents a gallon.

Damn, I'm old.

Old 02-04-2022, 07:10 AM

11,242 posts, read 8,350,137 times
Quote:
Me too. But I also remember 1972 when we waited on line for 3+ hours to get gasoline. AND it was like 50 cents a gallon.

Damn, I'm old.
$0.399/gal. I was only 5 years old, but I remember that price because I remember asking my dad WTF it was 9/10 of a cent. My first lesson in economics, I think. I also remember waiting in lines, and almost seeing a fight because someone jumped in front of another after waiting for hours. I grew up in Pittsburgh.

And my Fred Flintstone Juice Tumblers. (And going back to the grocery store to FINALLY get my prize after turning in all the box tops.)

Oh, and to get back on subject, I joined Prime when it was $99. I'm not THAT old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary