Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2022, 07:51 PM

2,844 posts, read 2,990,142 times

Advertisements

Let's say I moved to Greensboro

Could I use a realtor there to sell my house here, just to work w one person. Or does it depend
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2022, 08:10 PM

936 posts, read 777,338 times
Its legal and theoretically possible (although I'm sure there is an MLS membership issue to resolve) but as a practical matter, I very much doubt you could find a realtor in G'boro (unless they are super desperate) to take a listing in the Triangle, for obvious logistical reasons as well as lack of market knowledge.

Old 04-06-2022, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Wister View Post
Its legal and theoretically possible (although I'm sure there is an MLS membership issue to resolve) but as a practical matter, I very much doubt you could find a realtor in G'boro (unless they are super desperate) to take a listing in the Triangle, for obvious logistical reasons as well as lack of market knowledge.
This is to sell, I'm sure they could find the same data on a computer that a guy in the triangle could

Old 04-07-2022, 05:18 AM

43,457 posts, read 77,428,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_guy View Post
This is to sell, I'm sure they could find the same data on a computer that a guy in the triangle could

Sure. You can use any NC licensee to sell your house. They can even be out of state.

Old 04-07-2022, 09:25 AM

2,743 posts, read 4,845,291 times
You might be able to, but you'd be missing a LOT of services a local agent could (and should) provide.
Only a local will be able to keep an eye on the property, keep track of lawn mowing etc. Put up a For Sale sign with a local number, be able to answer detailed and real-time questions about the property, show the property to prospects & operate a lock-box for prospects. Know the local schools, churches, shopping etc to answer area-questions.
Perhaps you could find a firm that has franchise offices in both places and the agents would work together.

Old 04-07-2022, 11:18 AM

284 posts, read 189,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_RDNC View Post
You might be able to, but you'd be missing a LOT of services a local agent could (and should) provide.
Only a local will be able to keep an eye on the property, keep track of lawn mowing etc. Put up a For Sale sign with a local number, be able to answer detailed and real-time questions about the property, show the property to prospects & operate a lock-box for prospects. Know the local schools, churches, shopping etc to answer area-questions.
Perhaps you could find a firm that has franchise offices in both places and the agents would work together.
scratching my head on the importance of a local number...
it's not like it costs anyone anything to dial "long distance" anymore LOL
Its so common now for people to have random area codes from wherever the lived before the Triangle, or from the NC area codes continue to be subdivided with new AC's. This just seems like such an irrelevant "feature" but that's just me.
I can't imagine being reluctant or suspicious of someone's phone number listed on a Real Estate Sales sign or listing.

Old 04-07-2022, 11:47 AM

13,730 posts, read 12,527,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_RDNC View Post
All of which are functions of the buyers agent, not the sellers.

I don't think any of that will be all that relevant in todays market...Priced appropriately it will go in days unless its somehow unique.

Old 04-07-2022, 12:22 PM

I mean a local agent would be good to possibly optimize showing and have a rolodex of local service providers I might need to set up and stage the home

The con would be me working with two agents and possibly I could negotiate a better commission since I would be a sell and purchase with my new agent

A franchise shop with relations to local seems a good idea

I dunno doesn't seem smart to work with two agents to move an hour away

Obviously I want an agent where I'm going for all the reasons

Old 04-07-2022, 01:10 PM

43,457 posts, read 77,428,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_guy View Post
I mean a local agent would be good to possibly optimize showing and have a rolodex of local service providers I might need to set up and stage the home

The con would be me working with two agents and possibly I could negotiate a better commission since I would be a sell and purchase with my new agent

A franchise shop with relations to local seems a good idea

I dunno doesn't seem smart to work with two agents to move an hour away

Obviously I want an agent where I'm going for all the reasons

I would expect a franchise operation to live by the mantra:

"Each office independently owned and operated."

IOW, don't expect a smooth flow of collegiality between two offices working strictly for your benefit.

Even if one franchisee owns multiple franchises, they likely will be separate entities, with only the typical national franchise structure in place to some degree.

Old 04-07-2022, 01:58 PM

What would your hypothetical average person do in this hypothetical
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary