Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2022, 07:41 AM

19,456 posts, read 27,911,953 times

Advertisements

Just for discussion purposes. (Yes, I'm a bit bored today.)

Raleigh-based real estate firm partnering with tech platform to create online, real-time sales

I'm especially interested in what realtors think about it, and what the future might be for this kind of online 'auction for home buyers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2022, 07:58 AM

43,376 posts, read 77,281,824 times
Try this link:

Raleigh-based real estate firm partnering with tech platform to create online, real-time sales :: WRAL.com

Since I got licensed in 2005, we have always seen The Next Bright Shiny Thing come up on a routine basis.
Some stick. Some don't.

Eh. If buyers want to engage, they can. This is the firm that pimped Zillow flips. Let's see if this is executed as a higher-principled scheme.
We'll know when multiple transactions are closed on the platform.

No where does the story indicate how they handle involvement by a buyers agent.
Nice for listing agent if they can rake in all commissions and the unrepresented buyer is putty in their hands.

In NC, it is not legal to share price or terms of another buyer's offer. I expect there is a pretty broad waiver a buyer has to acknowledge to engage on the platform.

"For buyers, you know the offer details upfront. You know what the sellers asking," said Huddleston. "You can see bids up there. The buyers.""

Ever see Auction Fever?
"It's just another $2500..."
I had a client go nuts on a foreclosure auction several years ago. I busted my butt and got him a better price, but he acknowledged he had offered far over his comfort level.
And, these buyers are providing their preapprovals to the listing firm. What amount? 100% of what a lender says they can borrow? If so, that is a mammoth error for any homebuyer.

Last edited by MikeJaquish; 05-31-2022 at 08:26 AM..

Old 05-31-2022, 09:03 AM

6,395 posts, read 5,520,104 times
I've had several recruiting calls/emails from the firm spearheading this "nexthot thing"....as Mike said they where originally the same firm who took on all of Z's listings before Z made their own brokerage for a few months before backing out of the i-flipping gig altogether....

If they'd put more energy into building a higher reputation with consumers and other agents alike...they wouldn't be so desperately trying to stay relevant by trying to get ignite the flames of "the next hot thing" every few months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
View detailed profiles of: