Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2022, 05:26 PM

6,656 posts, read 5,593,819 times

Advertisements

I've noticed that the Paragon Theatre at Parkside has a ton of Indian movies
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2022, 12:23 PM

1,737 posts, read 2,575,270 times
During 2020/covid I was certain the days of the movie theatre were doomed. How wrong I was. Thou I still don't see the allure of sitting with maybe hundreds of chatty people engaging with their smartphones. And watching a movie geared for those with the attention span of a gnat.

Old 08-26-2022, 12:37 PM

6,656 posts, read 5,593,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucctgg View Post
During 2020/covid I was certain the days of the movie theatre were doomed. How wrong I was. Thou I still don't see the allure of sitting with maybe hundreds of chatty people engaging with their smartphones. And watching a movie geared for those with the attention span of a gnat.
Well Regal is going to file for Chapter 11 and a local theatre (Rialto) is closing this week.

Just gotta produce quality movie theatres and you can get the younger folks to turn out - a ton of the movies coming out though aren't great. Top Gun and Everything Everywhere All At Once were exceptions that did relatively well at the box office.

Old 08-26-2022, 12:37 PM

6,825 posts, read 9,063,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucctgg View Post
No one is making you go to a movie theater. Why so bitter about it? I’ve had a good experience at Regal Brier Creek , at least until they declared bankruptcy.

Edit. Regal is thinking about it. Hasn’t done it yet.

Old 08-26-2022, 09:01 PM

19,442 posts, read 27,850,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
I've noticed that the Paragon Theatre at Parkside has a ton of Indian movies
That is the same as the AMC 16 in Morrisville, the B&B theater in Park Place in Morrisville (1/2 mile away), and Cinemark on Glenwood Ave.

We're AMC A-List members. 3 movies per week for $20/month. Any screen - no upcharge for Dolby, IMAX, etc. Great retirement hobby. (And I do occasionally go to the AMC 16 and watch those Indian movies, subtitles and all.)

The big benefit is that we go to see the independent, limited release films that we probably wouldn't have paid for. But since we're members - we go see those films because they are 'free'. And those are the films that have been memorable, scary, touching, clever, imaginative,. unexpected, etc etc etc.

Yeah, Top Gun and Everything, etc were GREAT. But it's the little indies that make me smile, get teary eyed, or make me believe the unimaginable. I'm sorry, but, that feeling isn't going to happen if we watch it at home. It's too easy to say, 'Put it on pause. The dog had to pee."

I'm devoted to big screen movie theaters. I hope they out live me. But at 65, I'm definitely NOT expecting that. And it makes me sad. (The AMC in theater promo with Nicole Kidman is totally hokey; nevertheless it really describes what I think and FEEL about the big screen.)

Last edited by Jkgourmet; 08-26-2022 at 09:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary