Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2022, 08:06 AM

1,370 posts, read 1,068,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Draft Rounds 2-7 today, starting at 11.

I stayed up too late last night watching the 1st round. Wanting to see if Don W. worked a magical trade.
Eh. Maybe today?

Saw a tweet saying the Canes were talking to St. Louis about Vlad Tarasenko, and that Tarasenko was OK with that.
We'll see.
But, he's 30, and will want more term than the Canes like to give at that age.
Still, nice numbers.

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/vladimir-tarasenko
Tarasenko would slot right into the first line for the Canes. When you look at his GPG, APG, and PPG he has almost identical numbers to Aho. Not as many assists per game, but more goals per game. He’s definitely a great player when he’s healthy, borderline prolific goal scorer — and he appears to be healthy. He’s never really gotten over what he perceives as mishandling by the Blues medical staff. Doug Armstrong will field offers, but typically doesn’t get out-maneuvered in trades. He’s also shown a willingness to wait. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2022, 08:13 AM

43,265 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL2006 View Post
Tarasenko would slot right into the first line for the Canes. When you look at his GPG, APG, and PPG he has almost identical numbers to Aho. Not as many assists per game, but more goals per game. He’s definitely a great player when he’s healthy, borderline prolific goal scorer — and he appears to be healthy. He’s never really gotten over what he perceives as mishandling by the Blues medical staff. Doug Armstrong will field offers, but typically doesn’t get out-maneuvered in trades. He’s also shown a willingness to wait. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.
It was his shoulder(s), right?

Old 07-08-2022, 08:16 AM

Quote:
It was his shoulder(s), right?
THREE times. Same shoulder.

But again, when he’s on, he’s on. Possibly one of the Top 5 most lethal wrist shots in the NHL.

Good highlight reel to show what he’s like when he’s healthy. He showed signs he’s almost back to 100% this season.
https://youtu.be/FGlndMZw9mo

Old 07-08-2022, 08:23 AM

He wants out of St. Louis. If anyone gets him, I really hope it’s the Canes. He’s always been one of my favorite players.

Old 07-08-2022, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL2006 View Post
THREE times. Same shoulder.

But again, when he’s on, he’s on. Possibly one of the Top 5 most lethal wrist shots in the NHL.

Good highlight reel to show what he’s like when he’s healthy. He showed signs he’s almost back to 100% this season.
https://youtu.be/FGlndMZw9mo
Would you go 7 years at $8 million for Tarasenko, if you could get much younger Dubois or Laine for 7 years for the same money? Or Forsberg?

I think Tarasenko is as good or better. It is future age and a weighty contract, the mid-late 30's that has my attention.

Old 07-08-2022, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Would you go 7 years at $8 million for Tarasenko, if you could get much younger Dubois or Laine for 7 years for the same money? Or Forsberg?

I think Tarasenko is as good or better. It is future age and a weighty contract, the mid-late 30's that has my attention.
Tarasenko is as good or better than Laine when healthy, and Laine is better than Dubois. I just can’t imagine Tarasenko would get the same money as Dubois or Laine given age and recent (recurring) injury history. So if the Canes could sign him for 5 years I’d like that better. Giving a player who will turn 31 during this season a 7 year contract would be a pass for me.

Old 07-08-2022, 10:21 AM

De Angelo and a 7th round pick to the Flyers.

Canes get Picks:
pick No. 101 today, a third-round pick in 2023 (the lowest of the three they own), and a second-round pick in 2024.

Flyers signed TDA for 2x$5 million. Moving from HC RBA to HC John Tortorella.

Works for me.

Old 07-08-2022, 01:36 PM

Canes picked 4 Russian players, much farther down in the draft than they were generally expected to go.

Risk/Reward. We'll see.

Old 07-08-2022, 06:34 PM

8,801 posts, read 10,236,737 times
Regarding Tarasenko, I seem to recall he wanted out of StL last year as well? What's the deal here? The Blues aren't that far removed from their Cup win.

Regarding TDA. I wouldn't have minded bringing him back because he slotted in nicely after Dougie but I was less than impressed with his play in the Rangers series. Now granted the team in general didn't rise to the occasion but I personally TDA was being baited off his focus. I appreciate him not being a distraction off the ice though and hope he continues to improve as a person. He is a good Hockey player

It seems the Front office got a lot of fallers in this draft. A lot of Russians (by the way this regime is the anti-JR/Francis regime for the sheer fact that they aren't afraid to draft Russians) who some teams were probably iffy on because of the Ukraine thing but also pretty much everyone in this year's draft missed crucial development time because of Covid. We'll see what happens but the prospect pool seems to get better every year under Waddell/Dundon.

Old 07-08-2022, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Regarding Tarasenko, I seem to recall he wanted out of StL last year as well? What's the deal here? The Blues aren't that far removed from their Cup win.

Regarding TDA. I wouldn't have minded bringing him back because he slotted in nicely after Dougie but I was less than impressed with his play in the Rangers series. Now granted the team in general didn't rise to the occasion but I personally TDA was being baited off his focus. I appreciate him not being a distraction off the ice though and hope he continues to improve as a person. He is a good Hockey player

It seems the Front office got a lot of fallers in this draft. A lot of Russians (by the way this regime is the anti-JR/Francis regime for the sheer fact that they aren't afraid to draft Russians) who some teams were probably iffy on because of the Ukraine thing but also pretty much everyone in this year's draft missed crucial development time because of Covid. We'll see what happens but the prospect pool seems to get better every year under Waddell/Dundon.
He feels like the organization botched his shoulder surgery (twice). The third time he had it done independently and he’s good to go. He’s just never let that go. Says he’s lost trust in the organization medical team. Wants out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary