Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 05:24 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,590,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyMarshall View Post
And they are really right on 55. If they were far below a single family home price I could see the appeal, but there are nice houses out there for $170 that aren't 6 feet from a busy road (not a lot of them, and they get snapped up quickly, but they exist!!).
There are townhomes in Haddon Hall that aren't right on 55..they are the ones from earlier stages of the development an are actually more centrally located within haddon hall. They're actually pretty nice and have more of a variety in floorplans than the new ones right on 55. The only problem is they don't have driveways.

Old 05-25-2008, 07:08 PM

103 posts, read 98,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'minformed2 View Post
There are townhomes in Haddon Hall that aren't right on 55..they are the ones from earlier stages of the development an are actually more centrally located within haddon hall. They're actually pretty nice and have more of a variety in floorplans than the new ones right on 55. The only problem is they don't have driveways.

I think all the new ones being built are right on 55. Must have a lot of traffic noise. I can't believe they can actually sell that many. Makes me wonder if there are a lot of rentals there. Sometimes people buy, just to rent it out. No better way the wreck the value of a townhome community than to rent them out.

Old 05-25-2008, 07:16 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,590,017 times
yes, all of the new ones are right on 55 or very close, the ones in the interior of the development are all older (late 90's)...i was just saying that the ones on 55 weren't the only townhomes in Haddon Hall.

Old 05-25-2008, 10:23 PM

546 posts, read 1,678,862 times
Quote:
I live in those town homes and there really isnt a need for a private driveway. Each building has it's own sectioned parking area, with 2 spots in front of each house for the occupants. A few even have their own garages. Even without a private driveway though, I have found absolutely no drawbacks to that, coming from owning a house with a huge driveway and 2 car garage.

While the new town homes are much bigger in size than the older ones, I do love the location of the original town homes better, and the divirsity of the floor plans. Each of my neighbors and I have an entirely different floor plan, giving it more of a personal feel to the home. And we're lucky, renting one thats back faces the pond. Each evening I'm out there watching the geese fly in to roost for the night, or during the day the kids and I will play out there.

It seems this new lot has been built by a cookie cutter machine, rather than with personal feeling and a sense of pride. I cant stand how they face 55, almost on top of it, or how the majority of them are built back to back with no room in between. We were looking into renting them as our landlords are thinkig of selling, and we're not ready to buy yet. We'd like to stay in Haddon Hall, but I dont know. I'm not overly fond of having the kids go outside to play when there is not outside "yard" at all! At least in the town homes we're in now, the back has grass and a pond for the kids to go frog catching in if they so desired.

Old 05-26-2008, 04:17 PM

79 posts, read 356,021 times
Has anyone heard anything about the builder that is developing the new townhomes in Apex that you are talking about? My wife and I are concidering purchasing one and have not heard much about the builder. Is there anyone out there that has worked with the builder, or better yet, lives or have lived in the townhome community?

Old 06-27-2009, 11:39 AM

4,948 posts, read 18,693,429 times
Quote:
I looked at the first ones that were being built in 1998, and almost did buy one. I think they were around 135,000 or 140,000 then. I did like Apex alot
and Hadon Hall also.

Old 06-28-2009, 01:01 AM

2,932 posts, read 7,824,312 times
Maybe they changed the plans are are including smaller inner townhome options as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary