Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2008, 03:28 AM

42 posts, read 167,577 times

Advertisements

I've been on this Forum for about 3 years, mostly reading all of your very fine posts (and feeling like I know some of you, even though I've never met you!). I posted last month that in mid-June we are making our 4th trip in 3 years, and that I'm concerned about how our two teens -- specifically our 16-year-old son -- will handle the change if we move. Heard all the anticipated "kids are more resilliant than we give them credit for," etc. I really appreciated the feedback I received.

So I was thinking tonight, and decided that this is the perfect place to ask my question. I realize it may seem like a strange question to ask, but... do any of you have teenage boys in the 15- to 18-year-old range who have bands or just love to play music? I'm attempting to find some guys our son can connect with when we come out there in 3 weeks. Please feel free to PM me, since I realize it's not such a safe feeling talking on a Forum about your kids (gee, isn't that what I'm doing, though? Oops! )

Thank you in advance to any of you who are willing to connect with me on this. Our son is so involved locally that I'm hesitant to uproot him, yet my hubby and I just can't seem to let go of the Triangle, and he now has a job offer in Clayton that we are considering. Anywhere within about a half hour of Clayton is fine. And any other suggestions are welcome.

I appreciate this Forum and its participants so much. I have so enjoyed the first-hand advice and information offered to those of us looking to move to your beautiful area (and I've loved the humor thrown in for good measure, thanks to folks like VickiR, North_Raleigh_Guy and MikeJaquish!). Everyone has been wonderful, so I'm hoping a few of you will be able to help me out here. Also, anyone with kids at Clayton High can PM me too!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary