Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2022, 10:23 AM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,359,291 times

Advertisements

I'm not a BMW owner so I don't have any firsthand knowledge, but Shade Tree Garage tends to be recommended by many people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2022, 12:13 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,278,777 times
There’s lots of great independent BMW shops, but again it depends on your definition of affordable which we still don’t have. If you’re looking to be able to service your BMW at the same rate as your Camry, it’s not going to happen.

Old 11-27-2022, 01:03 PM

236 posts, read 186,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
There’s lots of great independent BMW shops, but again it depends on your definition of affordable which we still don’t have. If you’re looking to be able to service your BMW at the same rate as your Camry, it’s not going to happen.
Most people are savvy enough by now to know that those who seek to complicate simple questions are usually the least likely to be able to answer them, and therefore it's probably not worth the OP's time to get involved splitting hairs over definitions of the word definition.

Do you have a BMW repair shop (other than the dealer) that you've had good experiences with? I'm gonna go with no, otherwise you would have just answered the question.

Old 11-27-2022, 01:44 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,278,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keadlez View Post
Most people are savvy enough by now to know that those who seek to complicate simple questions are usually the least likely to be able to answer them, and therefore it's probably not worth the OP's time to get involved splitting hairs over definitions of the word definition.

Do you have a BMW repair shop (other than the dealer) that you've had good experiences with? I'm gonna go with no, otherwise you would have just answered the question.
That makes no sense, but yes I’ve had good experiences in the past with Import Motor Works off Cary Parkway, but they’re definitely not what I’d consider “affordable” which is why I didn’t recommend them in the first place.

- Guy who unfortunately hasn’t owned a BMW in a long time because he found the maintenance unaffordable.

Old 11-27-2022, 01:52 PM

379 posts, read 206,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by architect77 View Post
There must be several independent mechanics that specialize in German cars.

I think some are located off Capital near all the Leith dealerships.

Thanks for the advice.
"The Car Place" specializes in servicing German cars, particularly BMW. I've used them over the years and they do good work. However, they are not much cheaper than the BMW dealership now, based upon my recent experience.

Old 11-27-2022, 02:18 PM

1,326 posts, read 725,077 times
It’s been a little while since we had a BMW, but A Better Wrench in Chapel Hill always did great work at a reasonable price.

ETA - just noticed the thread title specifies Raleigh. I was going off the post which says “the triangle.”

Old 11-27-2022, 02:51 PM

5,743 posts, read 17,607,545 times
I used to take my BMW M3s (I've owned 2) to Import Motor Werks on Cary Parkway. They were always very professional and made sure I was satisfied with the work. Once the owner even drove me home (30 min one way) when my car died on the way home from work and I limped it to their shop at 5pm. That said, their prices started going up, so I went looking for another shop for more basic repairs and maintenance (e.g., oil changes, tires, tune-ups, brakes, etc). I didn't need to go far. Euro Solutions is right next door. It is a one man shop and I have been very happy with him so far.

Old 11-27-2022, 05:18 PM

329 posts, read 185,657 times
"Affordable" and "BMW" are never found together in the same sentence

Old 11-27-2022, 06:57 PM

1,701 posts, read 2,591,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepImpact View Post
"Affordable" and "BMW" are never found together in the same sentence
The standing joke is "BMW repairs are expensive because the parts are made of a rare material called Unobtainium."

Old 11-28-2022, 07:20 AM

2,905 posts, read 5,924,366 times
I like G3 Automotive on Glenwood. Honest owner/staff and good quality work. Not cheap (who is) but at least they are trustworthy and won't sell you things you don't need.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary