Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2023, 11:55 AM

19,429 posts, read 27,808,716 times

Advertisements

Better Life Pharmacy on Atlantic Avenue has been doing a lot of advertising claiming that their prices for prescription drugs are considerably cheaper than other pharmacies. DH recently was put on Xarelto, which has not generic equivalent and is several hundred dollars a month AFTER his Part D coverage with a preferred pharmacy. (I've done the comparisons and confirmed the best Medicare Part D coverage for his prescription needs is the Part D plan he has. No, we are not switching to a MAP.)

When I called Better Life, they claimed they could save us about 25% on the cost. Which sounds pretty impossible to me, and makes me a little uncomfortable with them. The telephone conversation I had with them did not alleviate my discomfort.

Anybody know about them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2023, 04:00 AM

13,368 posts, read 27,015,812 times
No experience with them, but I have used a GoodRX card to get a discount on something Medicare did not cover. Could you ask about the card at the preferred pharmacy? My husband also had good experience using a Canadian pharmacy.

Old 01-07-2023, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
No experience with them, but I have used a GoodRX card to get a discount on something Medicare did not cover. Could you ask about the card at the preferred pharmacy? My husband also had good experience using a Canadian pharmacy.
Good suggestion about GoodRx. It's never been cheaper than what his Part D offers. We do get one of his drugs from Mark Cuban's Rx site for a considerable savings.

Yes, in prior years, we did purchase one of his scripts from Canada when the generic was available there, but not here. After the fraud at CanadaDrugs.com was discovered, I'd be VERY hesitant to do that again.

That's part of what is fueling my concerns about Better Life. Being able to sell a brand name drug 25% cheaper doesn't make sense to me.

Old 01-07-2023, 08:51 AM

13,368 posts, read 27,015,812 times
I am speculating that they might be selling counterfeit drugs or illegal imports. It might be best to talk to the husband's doctor about an alternative.

Last edited by goldenage1; 01-07-2023 at 09:43 AM..

Old 01-07-2023, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
I am speculating that they might be selling counterfeit drugs or illegal imports. It might be best to talk to the husband's doctor about an alternative.

The only alternative for Xarelto is Eliquis which is even MORE expensive. We are blessed that we can afford it, but obviously finding the 'best' price is a good thing to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary