Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2023, 08:48 AM

663 posts, read 1,618,610 times

Advertisements

I am currently on at&t, two lines and paying $100 total, 6gb mobile share adv plan with rollover, no contracts. Looking to save money. There has been no issues with at&t.

I see that I can join my friend in his Google FI plan and get their simply unlimited plan for ~$20 per line. But one of my phones is an iphone14-pro the other google pixel 4a5g.

I have read that on the Iphone, google Fi's automatic carrier switching feature isn't supported nor is 5g. So, the Iphone is going to be on T-mobile via Fi.

Any downsides, bad experiences?

Open to any other options too.

thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2023, 09:10 AM

104 posts, read 64,562 times
I can only opinionate about the Android phone side (Samsung S22), which can switch around as/where/when needed. I have both the phone and a 5G tablet on my plan (plus phone payment and insurance), for approx $45/mo.

I appreciate having access to almost everything, on any platform (in my case, Windows, Android phone, and Android tablet) - specifically, fewer fat-fingered texts via the P.C. keyboard.

My minor nitpick is, although the phone supports dual physical SIMS, AFAIK Google Fi doesn't support dual number assignments to the same cellphone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary