Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 10:03 PM

553 posts, read 2,331,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmarie View Post
Informed...we ate at a "La Rancharita" (I think that was the name) at 55 & High House Rd. in the Herris Tetter (I'm sure that is spelled wrong!) complex---are they owned by the same? It was good, that's what got me wondering about other good Mexican places.

Thanks all for your suggestions so far! They all sound worth trying...esp. that one in the gas station--lol--I hope I can find it.
I think it is a citgo gas station with a steep driveway. If you drive out there Mon-Sat around noon look for all of the landscaping trucks, you'll find it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2007, 01:51 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,583,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmarie View Post
Ummm....the Harris Teeter (gosh, I destroyed that spelling in the earlier post) at High House Road & 55, I don't think it has a CheeseBurger/CheeseBurger, there is a Burger KIng & accross the street a Kroger.

anyways, I'll look forward to trying the original, thanks for the tip!
oh ok... I was thinking you were talking about the "new harris teeter" at 55 and Apex Peakway. I was trying to think if there was a la rancharita there. lol

Old 07-08-2009, 04:01 PM

1 posts, read 2,690 times
Tacos Mexico in Apex (on 55 near US1) and in Fuquay now are very good! Authentic Mexican food at a cheap price. I have only been to the one in Fuquay, but have heard the food is just as good in Apex. If you have ever been to Cancun and actually gone into Cancun city (away from the tourist area) and had Mexican food at a local restuarant, like La Habituala, you will like this place... except that it is cheaper than La Habituala!

Old 07-08-2009, 06:30 PM

1,886 posts, read 4,813,180 times
Tacos Mexico is "The Dive on 55". A new slogan, maybe?
Go for lunch and look at all the Mexicans eating there. That says plenty.

Old 07-08-2009, 06:36 PM

5,742 posts, read 17,594,046 times
I went there this past weekend with my wife's sister and family. We go to the one in Apex quite often (once every month or two) and I have to say that I wasn't as pleased with the food this time as with other times. I hope it was just an off night.

Old 07-11-2009, 11:25 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,581,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Duck View Post
up by the Petsmart is a place called Qdoba (might be spelled wrong) it is similar to that - they have AWESOME burritos! BIG FAT ones!
if you are coming from somewhere like Walden Creek or the Home Depot - go over 64 (on hwy 55) over near Haydon Hall on the right you will see it near the road (if you pass Caraba's you went too far)
Qdoba is a far cry for Chipotle.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:27 AM

1,955 posts, read 5,265,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinner View Post
Qdoba is a far cry for Chipotle.
Qdoba and Chipotle are both chain-crap holes that pretend to serve Mexican / Tex-Mex food. Same goes for Moe's.

A real high quality Mexican place should have wait staff that barely speak English, a cash register near the door (with gumball machine for the kids), majority Spanish-speaking clientele, reasonable prices (max $20 per person including several alcoholic beverages) and a wide selection of Mexican beer.

This is a real Mexican restaurant: http://www.torerosmexicanrestaurants.com/

Old 07-12-2009, 10:31 AM

5,742 posts, read 17,594,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneOne View Post
Qdoba and Chipotle are both chain-crap holes that pretend to serve Mexican / Tex-Mex food. Same goes for Moe's.

A real high quality Mexican place should have . . . . .. .
And my biggest pet peeve. . . . . . . .they should have HOME MADE FOOD. Don't give me flour or corn tortillas that came out of a plastic bag! Don't put chips and salsa on my table that I could get at Harris Teeter! Don't give me refried beans from a can!

Old 07-12-2009, 10:56 AM

13 posts, read 38,954 times
I thought Taco Mexico was HORRIBLE.

Try
Torero's Mexican Restaurants - Raleigh NC, Cary NC, Durham NC, Carboro NC, Chapel Hill NC, Goldsboro NC, Roxboro NC, Erie PA

Los Tres Magueyes Restaurante Mexicano

Old 07-12-2009, 01:44 PM

927 posts, read 1,458,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneOne View Post

A real high quality Mexican place should have wait staff that barely speak English, a cash register near the door (with gumball machine for the kids), majority Spanish-speaking clientele, reasonable prices (max $20 per person including several alcoholic beverages) and a wide selection of Mexican beer.

This is a real Mexican restaurant: Torero's Mexican Restaurants - Raleigh NC, Cary NC, Durham NC, Carboro NC, Chapel Hill NC, Goldsboro NC, Roxboro NC, Erie PA
Personally; I don't care much for torero's ...

Mexican food is like Italian - different regions produce different tastes ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary