Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2008, 01:18 PM

3 posts, read 6,100 times

Advertisements

Hi,

My husband has an opportunity to transfer down to mebane for work. We live in Minneapolis right now and are just starting to look at the pros and cons. I have a few questions that I am hoping someone has the answers to.

We have 3 young children ( 4, 3 and 11m) Up here in MN we have some great community ed programs ( music class, art, early chldhood learning etc...) for the kids and some great preschool programs. I am having a hard time finding info on these type of programs. Do they exist or are there better websites to look at? Along with that I am wondering about private schools, are they a good option. It sounds like from some of the posts there are differing opinions on the quality of education. We had planned to send the kids to a catholic school up here and thought that that would be a good option if there are some...

My other question is where to live. My husband's company is based in Mebane and it sounds like it is a great community. Do they have swim communities around mebane? Also it looked like hillbourough was mentioned quite a bit, does anyone have some good niehborhoods there? We are looking to spend between 450,000 and 500,000 and because of the kids a younger niehborhood would be great.

I do love the idea of a small town feel though and it sounds like Mebane is more that way. those are my main questions but any other info you would love to share about the area would be great! My husband and i haven't lived anywhere else really except for MPlS and so it is intriguing/ scary to think about moving somewhere new away from family and friends. thanks for the help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2008, 04:01 PM

16 posts, read 62,376 times
You and your family will adore living in Mebane! You should check out the Mill Creek subdivision in Mebane. In the price range you are looking in, you will be able to get a great house here. We have a very nice pool area, tennis courts, golf course, ball field, fishing pond, sidewalks for walking, etc. You will meet a lot of young families to connect with. There are several art studios in Mebane, along with music teachers and a wonderful reading program for children at the new library. First Baptist Church of Mebane on 3rd Street/Jackson Street has a great preschool, and we have a new private Christian school opening up this fall on 3rd Street. There are others within close proximity to Mebane. Blessed Sacrament has an excellent reputation as a private Catholic school in Burlington, about 15 minutes away. Several families in our neighborhood go there. Good luck on your move!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole33 View Post
Hi,

My husband has an opportunity to transfer down to mebane for work. We live in Minneapolis right now and are just starting to look at the pros and cons. I have a few questions that I am hoping someone has the answers to.

We have 3 young children ( 4, 3 and 11m) Up here in MN we have some great community ed programs ( music class, art, early chldhood learning etc...) for the kids and some great preschool programs. I am having a hard time finding info on these type of programs. Do they exist or are there better websites to look at? Along with that I am wondering about private schools, are they a good option. It sounds like from some of the posts there are differing opinions on the quality of education. We had planned to send the kids to a catholic school up here and thought that that would be a good option if there are some...

My other question is where to live. My husband's company is based in Mebane and it sounds like it is a great community. Do they have swim communities around mebane? Also it looked like hillbourough was mentioned quite a bit, does anyone have some good niehborhoods there? We are looking to spend between 450,000 and 500,000 and because of the kids a younger niehborhood would be great.

I do love the idea of a small town feel though and it sounds like Mebane is more that way. those are my main questions but any other info you would love to share about the area would be great! My husband and i haven't lived anywhere else really except for MPlS and so it is intriguing/ scary to think about moving somewhere new away from family and friends. thanks for the help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary