Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2023, 09:42 PM

4,167 posts, read 4,882,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard-xyzzy View Post
In particular, Raleigh Radiology and Wake Radiology were holdouts on Epic's MyChart system. I hope that's being addressed. It's been a real pain to carry printouts of their radiology reports to MDs in the Duke, UNC, and WakeMed systems.

I've had scans done at both and never had to carry any printouts to Duke or WakeMed doctors so I think it's been addressed. Ironically, I do have to carry printouts to my primary GP because he doesn't use MyChart. He uses a different patient portal and test reports can't be transferred between it and MyChart, so that is a pain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2023, 05:58 AM

4,264 posts, read 4,716,882 times
Another weakness in the system is that Labcorp has its own patient portal. Some doctors and healthcare systems seem to have access to it, but not all. At least the info is available online. Mako has no patient portal at all, but my urologist changed his lab agreement from Mako to Labcorp.

Old 05-29-2023, 06:56 AM

1,322 posts, read 1,258,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
Yes....the radiology report is available but not the actual image scan files except those included in the report. It's amazing how fast they get those reports out these days - usually the same day within a few hours after the scan was done. I'm always hesitant to read them before seeing my doctor but anxious curiosity always wins.
In my UNC MyChart account, I can see my mammogram images.

Old 05-29-2023, 11:39 AM

104 posts, read 65,094 times
It was less than twenty years ago that, while spending a few fun-filled weeks at Duke South, I knew when the doctors were about to visit from the banging sounds: the 3-ring binder with my records being pulled out of the wall holder just outside the room door. The 5:30am, here comes the staff/student wake-up call (like I was able to actually sleep much).

Mercifully gone now too are the faxed medical records. It's also comforting to know that, should I show up unconscious at a local trauma center, they'll hopefully see/read/be amused about the pre-existing "aftermarket" metal and tissue bits sewn in elsewhere.

Epic/MyChart, once accepted by the staff, seems pretty nice, but per my Nephrologist, the licensing is very pricey.

Old 05-29-2023, 02:39 PM

22,671 posts, read 36,810,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
Yes....the radiology report is available but not the actual image scan files except those included in the report. It's amazing how fast they get those reports out these days - usually the same day within a few hours after the scan was done. I'm always hesitant to read them before seeing my doctor but anxious curiosity always wins.
Duke's scans - the actual image - are available in their mychart....super helpful when my mom broke her leg and hip and we wanted my niece's husband, an orthopedist in another state, to look at the images.

Wake med is definitely behind in this regard.

Duke was awesome when my dad had a "widowmaker" heart attack, but WakeMed's commercials about their heart clinic are no joke - my BIL's cousin was clinically dead when he arrived at the Wake Med in Apex, and they helicoptered him to the big WakeMed, and they saved him - he spent over a month in the hospital.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary