Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2008, 03:20 PM

128 posts, read 453,093 times

Advertisements

We're moving in that direction shortly and I'd love any thoughts on that city specifically. Anyone from there, grown up there, just moved to or from there and why? We'd actually like to be right in town but were also told to look in Stonefield subdivision, though I can't seem to locate it on a map.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2008, 08:35 AM

23 posts, read 61,225 times
Default Thoughts on Franklinton?

Hi, wordwrangler. I think you are referring to StoneRIDGE, not Stonefield, where I have been looking and it is a very nice small subdivision. I'm not too happy about the school assignment (does the high school even HAVE a track, etc.?) but looks to be only a 30-minute commute to Raleigh and close to Wake Forest, which has the great shopping. I've made two trips down there so far and will be back early July to look again at my possibilities.

Old 06-09-2008, 09:07 AM

2,834 posts, read 12,034,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordWrangler View Post
We're moving in that direction shortly and I'd love any thoughts on that city specifically. Anyone from there, grown up there, just moved to or from there and why? We'd actually like to be right in town but were also told to look in Stonefield subdivision, though I can't seem to locate it on a map.
I do not live there, but live in wake forest. There are definitely some things "coming" to that area, or close to it. More shopping centers are moving in that direction (new grocery store off of US 1 in youngsville, with the possibilities of many more shops). The neighborhood you are talking about, stoneridge, is nice. There are good custom builders building homes there. The people who built our house (triangle classic) are building in that neighborhood, and I have been quite impressed with them and with the quality of our house (we have been in it for 3 years).

I think in 3-5 years you will see quite a bit of change in that area, it is definitely close enough to wake forest to make it easy to get to conveniences like target, etc. I don't know much about the schools (if that is a concern) because my daughter is in school in wake county.

You will certainly get a better feel for it once you are in the area.

Leigh

Old 06-09-2008, 09:11 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,246,306 times
I just sold a home in Starmount Forest but it is in the part of Franklinton that is Granville County. Is that the area you are asking about?

Starmount Forest is a smaller neighborhood, no amenities, acre or larger lots, 3 or 4 custom builders with prices starting at around $190s. I think they have recently sold all the inventory homes but are now doing pre sales.

Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary