Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2023, 08:24 AM

43,309 posts, read 77,142,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Pretty sure they are talking about Dowtown.
Or maybe Fenton
Or it could be all the neighborhoods near High-house and Davis
Maybe it's the Highlands (I live here, walk every day, sometimes walk to the grocery store, to Costco, to restaurants, etc.)
Maybe it's Scottish Hills
Could be Farmington Woods behind Trader Joes, with all the businesses on Kildaire
Could be Queensferry
Maybe it's up around Grand Heights
To save a few keystrokes, it could be one of many in W. Cary near Greenlevel, Dell Webb, etc....

I could keep typing, but I'm curious which one their talking about too, and how they narrowly define "walkable".

Good list.

Assuming anything inside Maynard may be considered DT Cary, although that is a bit of a stretch, and particularly when describing as "very small."

We can add:
Several other neighborhoods near Cary Parkway and Kildaire Farm Road, including hundreds of residents.

Pirates Cove
Northwoods areas, including outside Maynard.
High House and Cary Parkway area.

Old 07-31-2023, 08:27 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,307,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Good list.

Assuming anything inside Maynard may be considered DT Cary, although that is a bit of a stretch, and particularly when describing as "very small."

We can add:
Several other neighborhoods near Cary Parkway and Kildaire Farm Road, including hundreds of residents.

Pirates Cove
Northwoods areas, including outside Maynard.
High House and Cary Parkway area.

Old 07-31-2023, 11:24 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfb View Post
I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but what are the criteria for posting on threads on this forum? Or is it just this one thread that is somehow sensitive? For reference: I've lived in the Triangle area for 40 years if you include college. And I do visit all parts of the Triangle, both for commerce as well as socially. Does that qualify me to comment?
Anyone can post, obviously. Nowhere in my post request did I indicate otherwise.

I just think it’s disingenuous to pretend you’re an expert on Cary if you don’t live in Cary or spend a great deal of time in Cary.

If I post about other places, I typically do say “Well, I don’t live there, but I spend a lot of time there” or something similar.

It’s not some wild, crazy notion to be honest, is it?

Old 07-31-2023, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNamesake View Post
Ma'am... are you OK? Seriously. I'm concerned.

Some odd stuff just started happening in this thread... I've NEVER seen this happen in this subforum. Now you have to post and A/S/L just to comment... WOWZA lol ... They just keep making it worse lol

Nah... Red, just lock it

We were gonna get this thread back on track... then the two most heartfelt posts get deleted (mine and Ghost's) and then Red, a mod, comes in here cursing, asking for A/S/L's ... lol you can't make this up! Whoever called her in here, I hope youre happy smh.

Yeah, just lock it.
No. You’re not concerned in the slightest.

Old 07-31-2023, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Big View Post
Yes. Present your "..." before commenting.
You do not have to present anything. Just be honest with people.

If you want to appear as an expert on Cary but you live in Santa Monica and all your Cary info is either a decade out of date or something you heard from your friend whose Aunt Marie lives there, you’re not a reliable source. Just be honest. That’s all.

Old 07-31-2023, 11:32 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,307,135 times
Back on subject, I found a pretty good graphic that will tell you how Cary actually represents itself, and oddly, it kind of supports what those of us who live here have been saying.

https://www.caryeconomicdevelopment.com/

It accurately states how Cary is not one of the actual corners of the triangle, but how it is uniquely positioned to be in close proximity to all contributors. It's actually closer than Raleigh, Durham, or Chapel hill to RTP.

Make of it what you will, but maybe a better source than Mr. Big's Aunt Marie.
Attached Thumbnails
Even MORE SPIN: Is Cary now the Triangle's Official "THIRD CITY?"-townofcary-graphic.png  

Old 07-31-2023, 12:21 PM

851 posts, read 418,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
You do not have to present anything. Just be honest with people.

If you want to appear as an expert on Cary but you live in Santa Monica and all your Cary info is either a decade out of date or something you heard from your friend whose Aunt Marie lives there, you’re not a reliable source. Just be honest. That’s all.
You said: "Please don't speak about this topic without first noting where you actually live". This obviously asks for a presentation before commenting.

Old 07-31-2023, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunedIn View Post
You said: "Please don't speak about this topic without first noting where you actually live". This obviously asks for a presentation before commenting.
LOL
Nitpicking.

No one wants your 9-digit Zip Code or latitude/longitude coordinates or a Homo Sapien-positive DNA swab.
Some minor bona fides might help readers assess some who routinely post banality in anonymity is all she is asking.

"I live in Cary" or "I live near Garner" or "I live in Mebane" might should suffice for anyone who cares to be taken seriously at all.

Old 07-31-2023, 01:01 PM

851 posts, read 418,744 times
[quote=MikeJaquish;65625286
Nitpicking.

No one wants your 9-digit Zip Code or latitude/longitude coordinates or a Homo Sapien-positive DNA swab.
Some minor bona fides might help readers assess some who routinely post banality in anonymity is all she is asking.

"I live in Cary" or "I live near Garner" or "I live in Mebane" might should suffice for anyone who cares to be taken seriously at all.[/QUOTE]

It's not nitpicking. And your first sentence is simply ridiculous. She's asking specifically for a location of residence before posting. And Banality? Such as "would you like cheese with that whine"? In response to an extremely relevant comment no less? And now this post? Do you honestly think anybody's worried about you taking them seriously? I've never made a secret of either of my domiciles, but in truth it's nobody's business. Like it or not "anonymity" is a hallmark of this forum.

Last edited by TunedIn; 07-31-2023 at 01:32 PM..

Old 07-31-2023, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunedIn View Post
It's not nitpicking. And your first sentence is simply ridiculous. She's asking specifically for a location of residence before posting. Banality such as "would you like cheese with that whine"? In response to an extremely relevant comment no less? And now this post? Do you honestly think anybody's worried about you taking them seriously? I've never made a secret of either of my domiciles, but in truth it's nobody's business. Like it or not "anonymity" is a hallmark of this forum.
"Anonymity" to blather endlessly without gravitas or relevance certainly is embraced by many posters as a deflector from responsibility.
I am always honest.
Yeah.. That seems to irk people with less focus.

Your "domicile." ??? Certainly lends credence to the simple request.
domicile
noun
1. the country that a person treats as their permanent home, or lives in and has a substantial connection with

Example: his wife has a domicile of origin in Germany

verb
1. treat a specified country as a permanent home

Example: the tenant is domiciled in the United Kingdom
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary