Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 07:37 PM

22 posts, read 59,828 times

Advertisements

GucciLittlePiggie...please jettison your plans to move here..."buzzed moments that are technically over the legal limit" equal jail time in North Carolina. This state is cracking down on dummies. And they take your car and auction it off....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2008, 08:09 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,825,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceili723 View Post
Barwell and Poole is right. I don't know that area that well, but from what I gather it's in southeast Raleigh??

My eyes popped out when I heard that 134 people were charged.... but then the article went on to say that exactly 8 were charged with DWI. Everyone else had other charges against them... revoked license, no license, a few felony drug charges, etc....

So it looks like there were 8 DWI's that day...not 134. According to WRAL.

Old 06-01-2008, 08:39 PM

338 posts, read 1,619,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allaboutthekids View Post
GucciLittlePiggie...please jettison your plans to move here..."buzzed moments that are technically over the legal limit" equal jail time in North Carolina. This state is cracking down on dummies. And they take your car and auction it off....
In fact, there's even the commercials on tv down here which specifically state "buzzed driving is drunk driving"

Old 06-01-2008, 09:24 PM

3,395 posts, read 7,772,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JQ Public View Post
They are pretty selective when they pick these checkpoints. They put them in lower income minority areas. They should put one at Glenwood south where all the rich folk play...I'm sure they'll get a lot there too.
This is not even close to accurate. I've been through checkpoints in Raleigh, Cary, Apex and Morrisville that were not low income/minority areas.

Sounds like someone has an agenda.

Last edited by Dire Wolf; 06-01-2008 at 09:59 PM..

Old 06-02-2008, 05:36 AM

1,561 posts, read 5,159,097 times
I think I did it poorly, but I guess I was trying to play devil's advocate here. I've heard all of the "arguments" I made, mentioned by people here. I was curious for the reaction, because it's like seatbelts or something... I grew up thinking it was just a common sense Don't drive if you've been drinking, and always wear your seatbelt. I'm amazed when I hear people saying these things, though. Rereading my post, I realized it didn't really come off as sarcastic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary