Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2023, 01:43 PM

4,611 posts, read 6,445,164 times

Advertisements

100,000 by 2030 is a reasonable projection. 125,000 by 2035-2040 is possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2023, 04:36 PM

4,564 posts, read 3,767,298 times
Doesn't sound like fun to me. Apex has small roads. And that highway 64 with the Costco on it - ridiculous road! It's already at max capacity. Better make that into a limited access highway.

Sounds like more idiots on the road in Apex. Just making this place into a mini NOVA.

Old 09-19-2023, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Universe93B View Post
Doesn't sound like fun to me. Apex has small roads. And that highway 64 with the Costco on it - ridiculous road! It's already at max capacity. Better make that into a limited access highway.

Sounds like more idiots on the road in Apex. Just making this place into a mini NOVA.
Well, while it has its negative, NOVA is the nation’s most affluent and well-educated multicounty region.

Old 09-19-2023, 05:49 PM
DPK

4,595 posts, read 5,733,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Universe93B View Post

There are plans to make US-64 in Apex-Cary limited access leading to US-1:
https://www.ncdot.gov/projects/us-64...s/default.aspx

There are also plans to widen Ten-Ten Road and NC-55 through Apex.

Old 09-19-2023, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPK View Post
There are plans to make US-64 in Apex-Cary limited access leading to US-1:
https://www.ncdot.gov/projects/us-64...s/default.aspx

There are also plans to widen Ten-Ten Road and NC-55 through Apex.
It (64) really should be a freeway all the way to 540, if not the Pittsboro Bypass.

Old 09-20-2023, 06:02 AM

873 posts, read 1,019,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
It (64) really should be a freeway all the way to 540, if not the Pittsboro Bypass.
Totally agree. Would need somewhere between 10-15 interchanges created, so it probably won't happen in our lifetimes unless there's a big push for adding and speeding up their construction on the State TIP. But given how much home construction is booming in southwestern Wake and eastern Chatham around Jordan Lake, plus the appeal of having a westward highway alternative over I-40, I think that big push could occur.

Old 09-20-2023, 07:08 AM

3,307 posts, read 8,566,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
I'm glad I don't live in Apex but know many people who do and they like it.
Lived here for over 10 years now and I love it!

Old 09-20-2023, 02:07 PM

368 posts, read 230,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
Absolutely it should be.

I was the victim of a hit and run one day travelling westbound on 64, approaching the NC 55 interchange when suddenly the traffic in front of me came to a near complete stop because there's a DRIVEWAY on what for all purposes is a highway!

A highway with this volume of traffic requires merge lanes, especially during rush hour. Traffic turning WB from Morris Acres have to pull out directly in front of 65 MPH cars from a complete stop. There is never a break in the traffic at 5 PM, so they just go for it and pray you'll slow down. Every day I see a death defying left turn from EB 64 onto Jenks road where a car is nearly t-boned by oncoming traffic. Oncoming traffic rarely can slow down to accommodate because speeding and tailgating is an everyday occurrence.

Oh and lets not forget that approach to Hwy 751. The right turn lane on WB 64 needs to be extended further. Drivers just use the shoulder for a quarter mile or more - one after the next - and the heavy construction is only just beginning. The section from 55 to US-1 has always been congested, but as development continues westward, the entire highway from Pittsboro to Cary is becoming a driving disaster.

Also forgot to mention the newly created and terribly designed intersection with Kelly Rd and 540. Drivers have to somehow get over two lanes and get up to speed in less than a quarter mile to turn left into Abbington. What a nightmare. Its a white knuckle drive all the way.

None of this "super street" crap - this road should be a limited access freeway from Siler City at the 421 intersection to Cary. Anything less is unsafe.

Old 09-20-2023, 04:08 PM

466 posts, read 701,953 times
I drove on Ten-Ten to Center Street in Apex today at rush hour--fortunately I was going west.

Boy the last thing that area needs is double the vehicles. What a soul-sucking commute home.

Old 09-20-2023, 08:14 PM

52 posts, read 42,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMH View Post
I drove on Ten-Ten to Center Street in Apex today at rush hour--fortunately I was going west.

Boy the last thing that area needs is double the vehicles. What a soul-sucking commute home.
That area really is the worst right now with zero relief in sight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary