Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2023, 09:52 AM

11,242 posts, read 8,348,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
I don't think anyone said the sky is falling, and this topic certainly deserves a conversation as much as any other topic posted here.

Discussing this, people already suggested card only transactions, which will certainly deter robberies if there is no cash to be had.
Absolutely agree, this is relevant.

Just knowing what is going on will help people to protect themselves, their belongings or their business.

While it's true that the triangle is not a hotbed of crime, it's also true that crime does happen, and there is no reason to stick one's head in the sand and ignore it.

As a business owner, I would want to protect my business
As a parent, I would want to protect my child (where they live, and where they may work)
As an individual, I want to know what is going on in my area, and how it may affect my life.

How in the heck is it NOT relevant (Directed to NYC2RDU, not to SVT)

I also prefer individual threads. Stuff get's lost in consolidated "mega-threads".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2023, 08:33 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,310,961 times
Armed robbery on Thursday in a Cary parking lot. I'd post a link, but people don't like when you repost things that can be found elsewhere on the internet.

Old 10-06-2023, 09:41 PM

2,220 posts, read 2,954,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
Armed robbery on Thursday in a Cary parking lot. I'd post a link, but people don't like when you repost things that can be found elsewhere on the internet.
Well i will post a link to another news story about the person arrested (in May 2023).......

https://www.cbs17.com/news/local-new...ice-operation/

Old 10-07-2023, 08:12 AM

860 posts, read 431,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRaleigh Mom View Post
Well i will post a link to another news story about the person arrested (in May 2023).......

https://www.cbs17.com/news/local-new...ice-operation/
This is outstanding police work, at no small risk of personal harm to themselves, in taking these violent and dangerous thugs off the street. Bravo!

Old 10-07-2023, 09:58 AM

4,322 posts, read 6,014,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunedIn View Post
taking these violent and dangerous thugs off the street...
...so that they could turn around and commit armed robbery four months later.

Not so bright, this one, it unsurprisingly appears, as he was apprehended seemingly minutes later on the on-ramp to I-40, walking I guess?

Old 10-07-2023, 11:46 AM

5,912 posts, read 7,019,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRaleigh Mom View Post
With how advanced our country is with technology you would think that they "could" have a system that has a database with all USPS drivers (other groups as well) and then it would flag that driver when there is a revocation.
There is a story in the recent BusinessWeek about how police departments are getting data from Google to generate leads. It's a bit of the wild west, as the police departments are sometimes using vague requests to get data to sift through.

The article includes instances of when it was used by Raleigh and Holly Springs PDs.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...solving-crimes
(May be behind a paywall)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary