Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 06:18 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,043,586 times

Advertisements

I've been on this forum for about two years. I've met so many great people and the advice they've given is priceless! I feel like I've been living in the area and I when I visited I felt right at home. I just wanted to take the time to say thank you to everyone and I can't wait to move there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2008, 06:29 PM

89 posts, read 306,328 times
Im still a newbie but I totally agree. For things I wanted to know theyve been so nice about it, and responding fast. Ive only posted on the Raleigh area one, but I love this site, I happened to find it by typing in a raleigh question and joined, its awesome isnt it!!!

Old 06-02-2008, 06:34 PM

I've noticed that to, you get a quick response. I've posted on other ones and either didn't get a response or it takes days.

Old 06-02-2008, 06:44 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,271,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
I've been on this forum for about two years. I've met so many great people and the advice they've given is priceless! I feel like I've been living in the area and I when I visited I felt right at home. I just wanted to take the time to say thank you to everyone and I can't wait to move there!

Yeah, me too ......

Well except for those two Rabble-Rousers. You know who I'm talking about. That's right! Those two troublemakers who go by the names of Mike Jaquish and MrsSteel . What's with their "good natured helpful advice" and overall "pleasant demeanor"? I mean am I really supposed to believe they are simply two nice people with great insight who genuinely want to help out strangers looking for guidance!

Yeah right!

Note:
(All of the above was said using "Air quotations" like Chris Farley aka Benett Brauer from Saturday Night Live).

Bennet Brauer Skit

Old 06-02-2008, 06:48 PM

61 posts, read 165,667 times
In living so close to Raleigh, I feel like I know it. Then I started to post here. Boy did I ever overestimate myself! I have learned so much here and thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it. I also have the advantage of being close enough to go up for a weekend and find all the great places and try all the activities that I would have never known about had I not found this forum. Thanks you guys for easing the intimidation with moving to an entirely new city, and keep up the great work! -Andrew

Old 06-02-2008, 06:49 PM

61 posts, read 165,667 times
Thanks NRG for showing your true age and making me feel young! haha

Old 06-02-2008, 07:02 PM

I'm addicted! Time for CD Anonymous. What is this world comming to? LOL

Old 06-02-2008, 07:22 PM

3,021 posts, read 11,054,494 times
NRG, we all know you are the real troublemaker around here. You and your spy camera, taking so many "helpful" photos of the area. What's your true motive, buddyboy?! Don't lie to us, now! Nobody can possibly be as nice and genuine as you are ... unless you're covering up some nefarious, devious deeds!!! As for Mike Jaquish - if that is your real name - I've got my eye on you, too, Mr. Nicey Nicerton.

Old 06-02-2008, 07:38 PM

46 posts, read 88,755 times
I have to agree with the OP... Every time I check this site, I learn something new about the area. All these little pieces of information makes me feel like we are going to have a much easier transition than we did with our last move. Between this site and our little GPS unit - I think the rest will fall comfortably right into place!

Old 06-02-2008, 09:05 PM

431 posts, read 1,337,683 times
Thumbs up I absolutely agree!!!

I'm still on long island and started searching this board about a month b4 we took our first trip down......(back in March).....I got so much helpful information and insight, that while we were driving around I litereally felt like I had been there b4.

I mean we were driving down certain roads and I would tell my husband I think there might be a so and so coming up and he'd be like how do you know and sure enough... Alot of the info was very precise like landmarks and other specific points of interest....

I should have felt very lost and although realistically we were....I still had an air of comfort and familiarity...(having taken a 10 hour drive to an unknown area and no clue where we were)

By the end of the week we knew that we wanted to make Clayton our next home town.....and honestly I couldnt have gotten to that decision without all the helpful advice from this board.....

I only hope that i can do the same with the info I have gained and will continue to gain once we finally make the move....

So I AGREE thank you all City-data Informants.....lol

Suzanne

Last edited by JimnSue; 06-02-2008 at 09:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary