Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2023, 09:34 AM

4,545 posts, read 3,748,556 times

Advertisements

Did you see how many accidents were there on the road on Wednesday morning? Common sense tells you to slow down when it's raining. Idiotic drivers continue in the Triangle and keep making everything dangerous, along with the reckless dolts and distracted idiots.

Nationwide, data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration shows that weather plays a role in about 7.6 percent of roadway deaths. In the City of Oaks, that rate is 10 percent.

https://www.wral.com/story/data-prov...rain/21163374/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2023, 10:04 AM

5,451 posts, read 6,041,816 times
Distracted idiots have no geographic boundaries.
Cell phone captivation by many driver's is frighteningly dangerous.

Old 11-23-2023, 02:22 PM

4,160 posts, read 4,875,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Universe93B View Post
Did you see how many accidents were there on the road on Wednesday morning? Common sense tells you to slow down when it's raining. Idiotic drivers continue in the Triangle and keep making everything dangerous, along with the reckless dolts and distracted idiots.

Nationwide, data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration shows that weather plays a role in about 7.6 percent of roadway deaths. In the City of Oaks, that rate is 10 percent.

Personal responsibility behind the wheel has been thrown out the window. The automakers in part are to blame because they keep adding more and more entertainment features and touch displays that distract drivers, much less showing people singing and having fun while driving the car with no hands on the wheel. And then there's Tesla drivers caught sleeping behind the wheel in Autopilot mode. This will only get worse as people expect their cars to drive itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN8PV0fv340&t=31s

Old 11-24-2023, 04:56 AM

43,275 posts, read 77,083,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
Personal responsibility behind the wheel has been thrown out the window. The automakers in part are to blame because they keep adding more and more entertainment features and touch displays that distract drivers, much less showing people singing and having fun while driving the car with no hands on the wheel. And then there's Tesla drivers caught sleeping behind the wheel in Autopilot mode. This will only get worse as people expect their cars to drive itself.

The only safe drivers left are old farts who grew up paying attention.

Old 11-27-2023, 11:24 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,821,323 times
Oh look, it's the "this is the worst place to drive in the whole country" post that you can find on literally EVERY city forum on City-Data.

Old 11-27-2023, 11:41 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,623,824 times
What I find interesting is on the news when there are accidents in the south during bad weather it is blamed on the driver. 60 cars wreck at the same time in other states and they say the weather caused it.

Old 11-28-2023, 07:36 AM

5,880 posts, read 6,948,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
What I find interesting is on the news when there are accidents in the south during bad weather it is blamed on the driver. 60 cars wreck at the same time in other states and they say the weather caused it.
OTOH, if it is snow/ice related, it may be because of the driver(s). Some people with 4WD don't understand that 4 wheels slide on ice the same as 2 wheels. Speed is often a factor.

Old 11-28-2023, 09:23 AM

289 posts, read 255,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Universe93B View Post

Idiot drivers are ubiquitous. Also, with Raleigh being such a popular place to move to, we are getting idiots from all over the country. Idiotic driving, on highways especially, gets worse in more populated areas where people often encounter traffic congestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getatag View Post
So true, but even if cell phones weren't a factor, just the idiot factor is bad enough. People seem to have little concept that the coefficient of friction decreases on wet surfaces. Also, they don't consider things like, tire contact patch size, tread depth and design, road surface variations, standing water (localized puddles), vehicle weight, suspension, vehicle nanny systems (or lack thereof), etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post

I think phones are more to blame then any vehicle's inbuilt entertainment features. Perhaps equal to phones is an overestimation of vehicles' capabilities and desperate frustration to get to wherever you are going and do so ahead of everyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
And are more in touch with our mortality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
Oh look, it's the "this is the worst place to drive in the whole country" post that you can find on literally EVERY city forum on City-Data.
I know! Similar to the, "Here we have a saying, if you don't like the weather, wait 10 minutes".

Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post
OTOH, if it is snow/ice related, it may be because of the driver(s). Some people with 4WD don't understand that 4 wheels slide on ice the same as 2 wheels. Speed is often a factor.
100% true. 4WD and AWD help you go better, but those systems do NOT help you stop better. They can help or hinder your ability to turn, but knowing why is beyond most people's understanding and driving capabilities, so that concept is irrelevant.

This is my first multi-quote response (that I did properly)! Yay me. I know, I went a little overboard

Old 11-28-2023, 09:51 AM

1,586 posts, read 1,128,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
I see just as many Boomers on their phones as GenZ'ers.

Old 11-28-2023, 12:19 PM

5,451 posts, read 6,041,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getatag View Post

I know many of you wanted to correct my possessive form of driver's, thinking I should have made it plural, but that "mistake" was intentional to be sure they were the sole owners of their obsessive behavior........

EDIT: if you believe that one, I have some swamp land for sale in Florida.... get in touch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary