Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 05:46 AM

103 posts, read 414,258 times

Advertisements

they probably can't sell you the model- builders have to be able to sign a lien affidavit saying everyone was paid and if they can't sign that, they can't sell a house. a sub may file liens on several lots and one of those may be yours so the builder knows he can't sign that affidavit and just stopped work. lots have done the same thing- i'm sorry for your frustrations
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2008, 05:16 PM

347 posts, read 933,835 times
Ok so we have Perry Builders and St lawrence both having extreme troubles. HasenTree was just taken over by suntrust. Any other local builders this tight?

Old 12-12-2008, 07:06 AM

2,835 posts, read 7,339,535 times
Is St. Lawrence heading toward bankruptcy and what does that mean for people that are in the process of waiting for their home to be finished or signs a contract to build a St. Lawrence home right before Bankruptcy?

Old 12-19-2008, 05:53 AM

43,265 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Thumbs up Hot off the Presses: Liens on St. Lawrence Homes

From this morning's News and Observer. (http://www.newsobserver.com/business/story/1339428.html - broken link)

Old 12-19-2008, 06:51 AM

Sounds like more of a Chapter 7 coming for St. Lawrence and not a simple Chapter 11. Not good for current St. Lawrence Home Owners and especially those currently under contract for a St. Lawrence home.

Also, does not look good for Portrait Homes and Perry Builders, they maybe next!

The scary part is St. Lawrence specialized in lower end homes in size and cost and they can't seem to make it. Does not bod well as that is the only market segment that shows some signs of life in it.

This off the heels of Hasentree basically going Bankrupt on the high end homes via a fire sale auction today I believe.

I guess the US housing downturn has come to roost in the Triangle for awhile! I guess its not just NE, Mid West, SW, NW coming to the triangle for a new start, Housing Downturn has too!

I have to smile a bit tongue and cheek thou reflecting back on a thread I read about 6 months ago where a writer was so vehement and convincing that it could not happen in the triangle due to the diversity of jobs and the constant flow of people moving here needing homes, and those homes needing to be filled and the circle of expansion would continue unabated.

Well for the moment the circle of expansion has an opening and the circle is quickly forming into a 'C' for CLOSED! Holy sinking feeling!

Old 12-19-2008, 07:03 AM

673 posts, read 2,266,103 times
Thanks, Mike, for the post and the link!

Based on some of the postings on the forum, I have been waiting for something like this to hit the news.

I feel for the person who posted they were scheduled to close on their home this month -- I believe they were scheduled to close next week!

This area is definitely not immune to the economic hard times that the rest of the country has been experiencing.

Good luck to the St. Lawrence (and Perry Builders) homeowners!

Old 12-19-2008, 07:25 AM

1,364 posts, read 6,020,941 times
Thanks for the link, however I'm not sure it deserves the thumbs-up icon....more like a sad face.

As for the story, all I have to say is "Doom and Gloom media? I think not"....cold hard facts here, unfortunately, and ignoring the problem isn't going to make it go away for any of us.

Old 12-19-2008, 08:20 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,967,105 times
Yawn...

Just the beginning.
Tip of the iceberg.
Camel's nose under the tent.

Old 12-19-2008, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Yawn...

Just the beginning.
Tip of the iceberg.
Camel's nose under the tent.

Camel's nose under the tent....lol WOW that's is a new one one me!

What is the origin of that one? Middle East I suppose. Have
to brush up on my camel lingo now!

Old 12-19-2008, 11:29 AM

447 posts, read 1,717,833 times
I wish the best to everyone but this is just another reason I hate the sprawl. You have this going on which means anything they have unfinished is going to sit and rot. Taxes that are needed to maintain roads and infrastructure in those areas will not be there because no one will be living in the houses.

I saw on the news the other night one builder tore up a road in Wendell with grand plans to rebuild it for the people that have lived there for years. Now that they have no money, no road, they hope to have it started in a month, but wish in one hand blankety blank in another.

The builders and the City and County get the epic fail on this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary