Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 09:27 AM

13 posts, read 37,010 times

Advertisements

SO I am Moving to the Triangle and I have decided on Wake County, However, There are 2 Towns that I like the most, Holly Springs and Wake Forest. I am Looking for a Single Family Home not more that 320k. Which place you recomend to live. I am looking for upscale place and great location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2008, 09:38 AM

2,834 posts, read 12,031,410 times
I lived in holly springs a long time ago (1997) and now live in wake forest. I think the big thing, if applicable, is your commute. I know things in holly springs have changed, but I always felt like I was driving to cary (crossroads area) to do all of my shopping, etc.

I don't feel like that in wake forest, I feel like everything is more convenient in wake forest, but that is also because I haven't been to holly springs in a couple of years.

for me, the commute factor would be the biggest deciding factor!

Leigh

Old 06-09-2008, 09:54 AM

2,835 posts, read 7,340,922 times
I don't know anything about Holly Springs other than driving through it on occasion and having been in a similar situation a few years ago and chose Wake Forest. One of the reasons was what leighbhe mentioned above. We just got a better feeling of Wake Forest when we compared the two. The comparison was not scientific it was just based on what we say and felt. You could find what you are looking for in Heritage or any number of Wake Forest subdivisions. Holly Spring has the same surroundings as Wake Forest so it comes down to where you will work, what schools if any you are needing, and what area best fits your needs and not your wants. Sometimes wants never materialize so its best to know your needs and try to satisfy them as best you can.

IMO you can't go wrong in either locations it all comes down to what you NEED versus what you want.

Good luck!

Old 06-09-2008, 11:26 AM

I got the feeling that Holly Springs is a bit country while Wake Forest is more small town like. I come from Bergen County NJ and Prior to that I lived in Edison, NJ. I want a small town but I am not ready for country. Will wake forest be more suitable for me ??? Also I hear that schools in Wake Forest Are great, is that true???

Old 06-09-2008, 11:35 AM

2,834 posts, read 12,031,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resaranca View Post
I got the feeling that Holly Springs is a bit country while Wake Forest is more small town like. I come from Bergen County NJ and Prior to that I lived in Edison, NJ. I want a small town but I am not ready for country. Will wake forest be more suitable for me ??? Also I hear that schools in Wake Forest Are great, is that true???
My guess is you will get different responses from different people depending on where they live. Holly springs is in the southern/eastern part of wake county while wake forest is in the northern part. Many people think wake forest is "out there" and rural. But, it has changed quite a bit in the past 5 years. It definitely has a small town feel, but has a downtown that is quaint, plus all of the big box stores you may want, and is adding more every month it seems. Plus, there is the factory which has ice skating, go carts, miniature golf (we call it putt putt here!).

I can only speak for my daughter's school in wake forest, she is in elementary school, year round, at north forest pines. I have been quite impressed. I have friends with children at: wake forest elementary, heritage elementary, and jones dairy elementary and they all have nothing but good things to say. Of the elementary schools mentioned, only wake forest elementary is a traditional calendar.

There is lots of great information on this site, so good luck!!!!!!

Leigh

Old 06-09-2008, 11:44 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,277,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resaranca View Post
SO I am Moving to the Triangle and I have decided on Wake County, However, There are 2 Towns that I like the most, Holly Springs and Wake Forest. I am Looking for a Single Family Home not more that 320k. Which place you recomend to live. I am looking for upscale place and great location.
They are both great places to live. At the $320K price point I think you have nice housing options in both areas.

If I were you the biggest factor would be where my job was located and what the commute would be like from those two places. Depending on where you work one of these two towns may provide a much better commute!

Good luck!

Old 06-09-2008, 11:56 AM

I am not too concern with commute since I work from home, so There are different factors affecting my decision. So which Town is more convenience to live?? Which town has more growth and which town is Prettier??? Also demographics affect my decision??

Old 06-09-2008, 12:46 PM

488 posts, read 1,554,509 times
I would choose Wake Forest over Holly Springs but I haven't been to Holly Springs for a few years.

Old 06-09-2008, 01:00 PM

892 posts, read 3,160,676 times
They are both growing towns with different personalities and good locales. Holly Springs seems to be holding on to its small town feel a bit more than Wake Forest so I would prefer the former.

Old 06-09-2008, 01:01 PM

Do you have any particular reason you would choose Wake forest over Holly Springs???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary