Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2006, 02:39 PM

2 posts, read 4,899 times

Advertisements

i am moving to the apex area in june and need to rent or lease and apartment or the like within close proximity to apex high school and apex middle school. suggestions please for something safe with rents $500 - $800 per month. need suggestions as i am trying to do this from the west coast. thank you....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2006, 04:14 PM

132 posts, read 403,696 times
Check in the News & Observer and general apartment finder type things online. But Apex is somewhat on the higher end of things, so don't be surprised if you don't find what you are looking for within that price range. Try a town close to there, but not right there. And be careful of some of those apartments down there, don't go based on the pictures/descriptions the apartment/leasing center provides, it isn't always as it seems once you get there. Also, not sure your situation, but if you might be interested in sharing a house or something in the area my boyfriend and I were going to be renting a 3 or 4 bedroom house. PM me if you want to discuss it further. Might help split expenses if you are only doing a short term thing like us.

Good Luck!

Old 05-16-2006, 09:12 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,584,448 times
The nieighborhood imediatly surrounding Apex High School is Knollwood, a nice established neighborhood with pretty decent houses built around the 1970's, same time as the school. I don't think there are many rentals in the neighborhood.

Old 05-17-2006, 08:52 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,692,521 times
We've been renting a townhouse in Apex (down the street from Target). We pay $765 per month for a 2 bedroom, 1 1/2 bath. It's $10 more a month for a 2 1/2 bath. You can also rent a washer/dryer for $35 a month. (They also have 3 bedroom units, don't know how much they are though.) The complex is called Beaver Creek Townhomes. We signed a 6 month lease because we knew we would buy a house again within a fairly short time of moving to NC. The complex is safe and nice. A good place to check out rentals is URL removed. That's how I found this place. Good luck!

Last edited by Yac; 05-18-2006 at 05:03 AM..

Old 11-12-2008, 05:46 AM

5 posts, read 11,226 times
thx lovemaine for your tips.
I'm totally interested, but I don't know where this place is: consider that I don't have US driving licence, so I wanted the place to be reachable at least by bus from the UNC-chapel Hill campus.
could you give me more info-s?
thx
julinda

Old 11-12-2008, 05:49 AM

5 posts, read 11,226 times
SugarMagnolia, I'm totally interested in sharing apartment with other people. But unfortunately I don't think I'll have a car there (no US driving licence) so I needed the place to be not far away from the campus of UNC-Chapel Hill.
I'm going to reach Chapel Hill on friday (14 November), and I'm interested in renting something from November 15th to end of march (2009). please let me know if it's the same period for you and your boyfriend, and if you're interested.
cheers
Julinda
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary